Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

22.03.2019 03:50
enough to allow their new arms to revert Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Los Angeles Angels hope the Jason Grilli theyre getting from the Pittsburgh Pirates is the dominant version of last year rather than the struggling one of this year. The Pirates feel the same way about Ernesto Frieri. The Angels and Pirates made a swap the relievers on Friday night, each team optimistic that a change of scenery will be enough to allow their new arms to revert to their old ways. "Obviously were trying to get a bullpen with some chemistry and upgrade it," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said, "and I think Jason Grilli is a guy who can hopefully come in and fill a role, and if he pitches as well as he did last year he could be really important to us." The 37-year-old Grilli was struggled with his command this season, and was 0-2 with a 4.87 ERA and 11 saves in 22 appearances. But he was pivotal to the Pirates resurgence last year, when he piled up 33 saves and had a 2.70 ERA in helping the club to a 94-68 record. "Its a difficult trade to make from the standpoint that Jason had a good run here, and did a lot for our franchise both on and off the field," Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said. "Hes loved by a lot of guys in the clubhouse and a lot of fans." Grilli is expected to join the Angels in Kansas City on Saturday. "Much like Ernie, he struggled with some things here and there this year after a terrific year last year," Scioscia said. "Once he gets settled and we can evaluate exactly where he is and where his role is going to be to make us as deep as we can be, well have a better idea." Frieri had a career-best 37 saves for the Angels last year, but the 28-year-old right-hander is just 0-3 with 6.39 ERA and 11 saves in 34 appearances this season. The final straw may have come the previous night in Los Angeles, when he loaded the bases in the ninth inning against Minnesota. Joe Smith relieved him and gave up a bases-clearing double but bounced back to strike out Kendrys Morales to preserve the 6-4 victory. Frieri has allowed at least one run in four of his last five appearances, and while hes thrown six shutout frames in the eighth inning, he has a 7.92 ERA in the ninth inning or later. "Ernesto is a guy weve pursued for a couple of years but havent been about to get," Huntington said. "Hes going through a rough stretch but hes doing things our scouts like and our (statistical) analysts like. Weve had success bringing guys in and having them benefit from a change of scenery, a change of league. Thats what were hoping for here." Buy Air Jordan Australia . The Bruins forward has been fined $5,000 by the National Hockey League for spearing Red Wings defenceman Danny DeKeyser in the groin. Wholesale Air Jordan Australia . He made that dream a reality Wednesday night. Olt, who grew up in Branford, Connecticut, attended UConn and made a nearly 2 1-2 hour trek to Boston a handful of times to watch the Red Sox, belted a two-run homer, one of four hit by Cubs in a 16-9 rout that completed a three-game interleague series sweep. http://www.wholesaleaustraliaairjordan.com/., climbed from seventh to fifth spot in womens competition Sunday at the ISU world junior figure skating championships. Cheap Jordan Shoes Online . Formula One Teams Association secretary general Oliver Weingarten says the organization collapsed over unpaid subscription fees and a failure to strike an agreement for 2014 with all 11 teams. Cheap Jordan Shoes Australia . Scotlands Greg Laidlaw made one of two penalty kicks and all three conversions, and Stuart Hogg added a try in the second half. "The most important thing to come out of the game is that we did not get scored against," Laidlaw said.BOSTON -- Jonny Gomes go-ahead shot into the centre field bleachers left him just one pinch-hit homer behind the Red Sox all-time leader. And Gomes wanted to make it clear that there was no comparison. "You can go ahead and get it out there," he said with a little grin. "Im not chasing any of Ted Williams records." Gomes two-run homer capped a four-run sixth inning that gave Boston a 5-4 win over the Kansas City Royals on Friday night. In two seasons with the Red Sox, six of his 19 homers have come as a pinch hitter. "For me, thats the opportunity I feast on," the right-handed hitting platoon outfielder said. "I hope I didnt shock anyone." He did have Royals manager Ned Yost questioning his decision to bring in lefty Scott Downs (0-3) to face lefty Jackie Bradley Jr. only to see Gomes step into the role he relishes. "I gambled and lost," Yost said. "Theyve pinch hit one time in the last three games in the seventh inning, a bunch in the eighth and ninth. I wasnt sure if they were going to do it in the sixth, so I gambled right there. Bad decision." Another two-run shot in the sixth by Xander Bogaerts off James Shields had cut the deficit to 4-3. The Red Sox maintained their momentum after winning four of their last five games before the All-Star game. They entered the break in last place in the AL East but were coming off Clay Buchholzs 11-0 complete-game win over Houston, their season high for runs. "The way that guys fought back tonight that was sort of reminiscent of last year" when the Red Sox won the World Series, Buchholz said. Buchholz (5-5) allowed four runs in six innings against Kansas City. Koji Uehara allowed Omar Infantes two-out double in the ninth, but got his 19th save in 21 chances. Eric Hosmer had three hits and two RBIs for the Royals as he extended his hitting streak to 14 games. Daniel Nava started Bostons four-run rally with a one-out single that slid out of left fielder Alex Gordons glove as he dove. Bogaerts was in a 14 for 123 (.114) slump, but hit Shields 1-1 pitch into the centre-field bleachers for his seventh homer of thee year.dddddddddddd Stephen Drew, batting .158 in 29 games since joining the Red Sox in late May, followed with a ground-rule double. After David Ross struck out, Downs came in. Gomes drove a 2-2 pitch to nearly the same spot where Bogaerts homer landed. It was Gomes sixth homer of the year and his second as a pinch hitter. "He stays prepared and anticipates the moment," Boston manager John Farrell said. The Royals had taken a 1-0 lead in the first on a double by Infante and an RBI single by Hosmer. The Red Sox tied it in the second on Brock Holts RBI single. Kansas City made it 3-1 in the fourth on run-scoring singles by Salvador Perez and Gordon then added a run in the fifth on Hosmers RBI single. David Ortiz led off the third for Boston and was out on a strange play. He hit a towering popup to the first-base side of the mound. Shields appeared uncomfortable trying to catch it so first baseman Hosmer and third baseman Mike Moustakas raced in to help. Hosmer raised his glove, but the ball ticked off it and Moustakas cradled it for the out. "Tough sky," Hosmer said. "Moose was playing over there for the shift so we are both running after it. I kind of saw it last second, tried to put a glove on it and it hit off my glove. Lucky, Moose was right there to save me." More strange glove work occurred in the top of the fourth when Hosmer hit the ball sharply down the first-base line. A ball girl, seated beside the low fence in foul territory, fielded it cleanly then quickly dropped it. It was too late, though, and Infante, who had singled, was stopped at third while Hosmer reached second. Both ended up scoring anyway on the singles by Perez and Gordon. Yost argued that Infante should have been allowed to score but "my judgment doesnt count." Notes: Boston is 33-0 when leading after the eighth, the only team that hasnt lost with a lead going into the ninth. ... Gomes sixth pinch hit homer broke a tie with Joe Cronin for second most in team history. ... Danny Duffy (5-9) pitches for the Royals against Rubby De La Rosa (2-2) in the second game of the series Saturday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz