Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

07.08.2019 04:48
dipped inside for a daredevil pass and the lead Antworten

INDIANAPOLIS -- Ryan Hunter-Reay peeked around Helio Castroneves, then reversed course and dipped inside for a daredevil pass and the lead in the Indianapolis 500. Castroneves charged back to the front, winning a drag race down the frontstretch at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. And then, in a stirring wheel-to-wheel battle between a pair of bright yellow cars, Hunter-Reay seized the lead once more Sunday as the drivers hurtled across the Yard of Bricks with a single, 2.5-mile lap remaining. With nobody in front of him, Hunter-Reay used the entire track to keep Castroneves in his rearview mirror. He nipped him at the line by less than half a car length, denying his Brazilian rival a chance at history Sunday and becoming the first American in eight years to win the Indy 500. "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" had lived up to its nickname. "This race was ridiculously close and competitive," Hunter-Reay said. "Just glad I picked the right time to go." The finish was well worth the wait -- to the fans who watched 150 laps of caution-free racing, to the drivers who bided their time unsure of when they should charge to the front and to Hunter-Reay, who finally got to drink the celebratory milk in his seventh try. He beat Castroneves by just 0.060 seconds -- only the 1992 race had a closer finish when Al Unser Jr. beat Scott Goodyear by 0.043 seconds. "Im a proud American boy, thats for sure," Hunter-Reay said in Victory Lane before he was joined by his wife and son. "Ive watched this race since I was sitting in diapers on the floor in front of the TV. My son did it today. He watched me here. Im thrilled. This is American history, this race. This is American tradition." He was serenaded by chants of "USA! USA!" as he made his way around the post-race celebrations. He was joined by son Ryden, born shortly after Hunter-Reays 2012 IndyCar championship and wearing a miniature version of his fathers firesuit as his parents kissed the bricks. Castroneves, trying to become the fourth driver to win a fourth Indianapolis 500, settled for second. He needed several moments to compose himself, slumped in his car, head down and helmet on. The Brazilian said a caution with 10 laps to go broke his rhythm as red flag came out so track workers could clean debris and repair a track wall. "It was a great fight," he smiled. "I tell you what, I was having a great time. Unfortunately, second. Its good, but second sucks, you know what I mean?" Marco Andretti finished third and Carlos Munoz was fourth as Andretti Autosport had three cars in the top four, as well as the winner. Kurt Busch, also in a Honda for Andretti, finished sixth in his first race of the day. He left immediately for a flight after the race and arrived about an hour later in North Carolina for Sunday nights Coca-Cola 600, where his attempt to become the second driver to complete 1,100 miles in both races on the same day ended when his car blew an engine late. Busch ended up completing about 907 miles. "All in all, Im very pleased. I cannot believe the execution of this team," Busch said before hustling away for a helicopter ride to his waiting plane. "I tried to enjoy it. My throats real dry because I was smiling the whole time and the fresh air was coming in my mouth." Marco Andretti appeared to have a shot at the win, but after the final restart he never could mix it up with Hunter-Reay and Castroneves as the two leaders swapped position four times in the final five laps. So certain his son would be a contender for the victory Sunday, Michael Andretti was just as thrilled with Hunter-Reays win. "Ryans just been a huge part of our team, a great guy, a friend," said Michael Andretti, who won for the third time as a team owner. "He deserves it. He deserves to have his face on that trophy. If it couldnt be Marco, hes the next guy I wanted." A year ago, Hunter-Reay was passed for the lead with three laps remaining and went on to finish third as the race finished under caution. He was leading Sunday and had control of the race until Townsend Bells crash brought out the red flag. Hunter-Reay figured he was a sitting duck as the leader, his chances over. "I cant get a break," he lamented on his team radio. But after swapping the lead with Castroneves three times, including a dramatic inside move in Turn 3, Hunter-Reay made the final and decisive pass as the two cars took the white flag. "At the end of the day theres stupid and bravery, and I think we were right there on the edge, both of us," Castroneves said. "Im glad we both come out in a good way. Im sad it did not come out the way I wanted." Alex Tagliani of Lachenaie, Que., placed 13th while Jacques Villeneuve of Iberville, Que., was right behind him in 14th. The race went a record 150 laps without a caution as the pace zipped along and Busch at one point had no worries at all about getting to North Carolina in time for NASCARs longest event of the year. Then a Charlie Kimball spin brought out the first yellow, a crash by Scott Dixon led to a second caution and a risky three-wide move on the next restart caused pole-sitter Ed Carpenter and Canadian James Hinchcliffe to wreck. Carpenter was livid, calling out Hinchcliffe for an "amateur" move. "The moment when Hinch decided to make it three-wide was more than any of us could handle," Carpenter said. "I told him if he didnt have a concussion last week I would have punched him in the face." Hinchcliffe, of Oakville, Ont., cleared to drive last weekend after suffering a concussion two weeks ago in the Grand Prix of Indianapolis, accepted responsibility. "I was the last guy on the scene," he said. "I have to take the blame, for sure. I feel really bad for (Carpenter) because he had a great month and was doing a great job." The race resumed and Hunter-Reay was in control until the fourth and final caution, which led IndyCar to throw a rare red flag to allow the drivers a chance to race to the finish. "It went green the whole way and I love that," Hunter-Reay said. "Winning it under green like that with just a fantastic finish -- I hope the fans loved it because I was on the edge of my seat." Matthew Stafford Jersey . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs. Will Harris Lions Jersey . Today, well look at five frontcourt players today, here from the Bay Area. 1. AMIR JOHNSON (Raptors): I cant figure out what the issue or problem is, but based upon what Im seeing, hes not right. http://www.lionsfanspro.com/Black-Barry-Sanders-Lions-Jersey.html?cat=861 . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. T.J. Hockenson Womens Jersey . Jonathan Crompton led the team to a 40-9 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Crompton threw three touchdown passes - two to Duron Carter and one to Brandon London - and Sean Whyte connected on four field goals to power the Alouettes to the win. Darius Slay Jr Womens Jersey . Lupul injured the hand in a fall at practice on Thursday. He will wear a cast for a minimum of 10 days before he can put a glove back on it and get some mobility back, said Carlyle, who added the winger wont go on the teams upcoming road trip.OAKLAND, Calif. - The Texas Rangers finally showed their power, got a big day from veteran infielder Donnie Murphy and picked up a much-needed win for struggling starter Colby Lewis along the way. It was exactly the type of start manager Ron Washington hoped hed get from his club in the opener of this critical three-game series against the first-place Athletics. Murphy hit two of the Rangers season-high four home runs to back an uneven start by Lewis, and Texas beat Oakland 14-8 on Monday night. "We needed everything we put on the board," said Washington after the Rangers pounded out 16 hits and matched their season high for runs. "They kept fighting back but we didnt stop playing. Tonight it took 14 and we were able to get it." Michael Choice and Robinson Chirinos also homered, and Adrian Beltre drove in three runs to lead the Rangers to their fourth straight win at the Coliseum. Texas swept a three-game series in Oakland in April. The Rangers, who began the night eight games behind the division-leading As, nearly let the game slip away. They led 11-3 before Oakland scored four times in the sixth and once in the eighth. Murphy, who hit a two-run homer in the fourth, helped seal the victory with a solo shot in the ninth for his fourth career multihomer game. "Id be lying to you if I said I didnt get a little bit nervous right there when it got 11-8," Murphy said. "The game could have easily slipped away ... (but) we put together some good at-bats and got a few more runs and felt a little more comfortable again." Yoenis Cespedes hit a three-run home run while Brandon Moss added his 17th for Oakland, which still owns the best record in the American League at 42-28. Lewis (5-4) allowed 10 hits and five runs over 5 1-3 innings to win for the first time since May 25. The one-time As farmhand, pitching on five days rest, worked in and out of trouble most of the night off the same mound he made his final appearance on in 2012 before missing nearly two full seasons due to a series of injuries. Lewis struck out two and walked three. "Up until the sixth inning he had only given up three runs, so he was pitching pretty good," Washington said. "Then his velocity came down a little bit and he just couldnt hiit his spots anymore so I had to go get him.dddddddddddd" Coco Crisp got the As going early when he doubled past diving Texas centre fielder Robertson and scored on John Jasos single. Cespedes added a sacrifice fly to make it 2-0. Texas tied it on Chirinos two-run single off Oakland starter Drew Pomeranz in the second, then broke the game open with a six-run fourth. Murphy hit a two-run home run, Dan Robertson added an RBI single and Rougned Odor scored on a fielders choice to chase Pomeranz. Beltres two-run double off reliever Ryan Cook made it 8-2. Beltre added a sacrifice fly in the sixth. "For a team that leads the league in pitching and usually holds clubs to under four, we havent been able to do that (lately)," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. Lewis and five Texas relievers made the lead hold up. The As, who scored twice in the first, pulled to 10-3 on Moss towering solo home run in the fifth. Lewis left after giving up back-to-back doubles to Alberto Callaspo and Crisp in the sixth. Pinch-hitter Kyle Blanks drew a walk off reliever Robbie Ross Jr. before Cespedes hit his 13th home run to cut the gap to 11-7. Murphy and Chirinos hit back-to-back home runs off Fernando Abad in the ninth. Pomeranz (5-4) struggled in his shortest outing since joining the As rotation in early May. He allowed eight hits and eight runs — seven earned — with two walks and four strikeouts. "I got into some bad counts," Pomeranz said. "Once that happens you become predictable. They waited for mistakes and jumped on them." Callaspo had four hits for Oakland in his first game since being reinstated from the paternity list. NOTES: As starters had not allowed a home run in seven games before giving up four to Texas. ... A moment of silence was held before the game for Hall of Fame OF Tony Gwynn who died earlier in the day. ... The As activated INF Jake Elmore from the 60-day DL and optioned him to Triple-A Sacramento. ... Oakland agreed to terms with 3B Matt Chapman, their first-round pick, and SS Trace Loehr, a sixth-rounder. ... RHP Yu Darvish (7-2) pitches for Texas on Wednesday seeking to extend his career-best four-game winning streak. Hell oppose Oakland LHP Tommy Milone (4-3). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz