Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

02.04.2019 03:58
who scored twice for Australia in Brazil just Antworten

HARRISON, N.J. -- Toronto FC were a minute away from a big road victory against a team close to them in the standings before a veteran just back from the World Cup helped steal away what seemed a sure three points. Red Bulls midfielder Tim Cahill, who scored twice for Australia in Brazil just a week ago, knocked a header at the feet of New Yorks Bradley Wright-Phillips in the 93rd minute to beat Toronto goalkeeper Joe Bendik for a 2-2 draw Friday. The result left an often dominant Toronto (6-4-2) club with just a point in its first match following a league-wide World Cup break. "Im disappointed that we didnt hold out, disappointed that I couldnt make that last save. I thought we were the far better team the entire game," Bendik said. While New York (4-5-7) held a slight edge in possession, Toronto outshot the Red Bulls 20-14 with a 7-6 advantage in shots on target despite still missing midfielder Michael Bradley to the World Cup. Toronto manager Ryan Nelsen felt it was a match they could learn from and a sign they were gaining momentum after an opening three months that saw them play the fewest league games in Major League Soccer. "We had a couple of weeks (during the break) and sort of benefited off that," Nelsen said. "Guys are staying a bit healthier, and hopefully we can just keep on it." Despite a quality first half, Toronto trailed heading into halftime as Peguy Luyindula headed a cross from Ambroise Oyongo past a diving Bendik to make it 1-0 in the 36th minute. The Reds jumped out to their best period of the game to begin the second half, as Jermain Defoe beat New Yorks Carlos Robles against the grain to even the score in the 55th minute. The goal is Defoes eighth in nine league matches. Toronto made a sub designed on going for at least a draw by bringing on Brazilian designated player Gilberto, who had been scoreless in nine previous matches. In the 72nd minute, after a dispute with Defoe over who would take a free kick from inside 25 yards, stutter stepped before cracking an unstoppable shot to the top right corner of the goal that froze everyone on the pitch, save for a helpless, diving Robles. "Sometimes you just get a feeling," said Nelsen, addressing the moments leading up to the kick between his two international stars. "I think Gil had a feeling he was going to do something, and players understand that. (That goal) will be shown around the world, for a long time." Defoe admitted he was fine with the decision in the end. "Yeah, it was meant (to be). In football, youre confident, and when he stepped up, I had that feeling that he was going to score. You can see from the celebrations, Im so happy for him." Gilberto eventually left the game in the 89th minute with what Nelson called a hip problem. Toronto were unable to fend off a desperate New York team that remained one point behind them for fourth place in the Eastern Conference standings, with a somewhat surprise substitution of Cahill for the goal-scorer Luyindula. New York head coach Mike Petke admitted that hed had no plans to use Cahill in any serious role prior to the team going down a goal. "I was hoping to bring Tim on in the 88th minute, up 3-0, so the fans could clap him for the wonderful World Cup he had," Petke said. "Obviously things change, with the score, with the way the game went. We felt, to bring Tim on for 20 minutes, perhaps something could happen, and obviously it did in the end." Cheap Nike Air Max 95 . As they are wont to do, the Spurs made things real easy. The Spurs signed Parker to a multi-year contract extension on Friday, ensuring that the six-time All-Star point guard will be in the fold whether Duncan and Ginobili are able to continue their careers or not. Nike Air Max 95 Discount Cheap . -- Joe Thornton scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:39 left in regulation to help the San Jose Sharks overcome a two-goal deficit to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-3 on Thursday night. http://www.cheapnikeairmax95.com/. -- Houstons All-Star tandem of James Harden and Dwight Howard refused to let the Rockets give in to fatigue. Discount Nike Air Max 95 . Mauer drove in two runs before leaving with an injury, Eduardo Nunez homered and the Minnesota Twins beat the Kansas City Royals 10-2 on Tuesday night. Nike Air Max 95 Sale Cheap . Locke overcame a shaky start to pitch seven innings and Josh Harrison had three hits to extend his hot streak as the Pirates beat the Miami Marlins 7-3 on Wednesday night.Steve Harmison has backed Steven Finn to be a big part of the England bowling attack for years to come, ahead of the first Test with Pakistan at Lords. The Middlesex paceman struggled at times during the series with Sri Lanka but Harmison has no doubt that he can return to top form in the near future. Indeed, Harmison believes that Finn would benefit from having the chance to bowl longer spells and, with James Anderson ruled out of the opening Test, he may be given that chance on his home ground. Theres a lot been made of Steve Finn and, as somebody who was very similar, I felt sorry for him a little bit, Harmison told Sky Sports.[Stuart] Broad and Anderson had done so well against Sri Lanka that he was coming on after these two gems had bowled, he was coming back from injury and he never really got the chance to have a long bowl.He seems to be somebody who needs a good, long bowl consistently and when youve got Broad and Anderson blowing teams away, to get that on the international stage is harder.Hell have wanted to bowl a bit better than he did but I wouldnt be looking too much into it. I thought he did okay. No team has every single player play well all the time because if you did teams would be bowled out for 20 and youd go out and bat and get 800!Steve Finn will get better and better and better, hes a big player on the big stage for England and he needs to be backed and allowed to bowl. Simple as that, let him bowl and let him play. Finn should be given time to rediscover his form, according to Harmison One issue that was picked up on during the series against Sri Lanka was that, particularly in the first two Tests, Finns pace was significantly lower than has become expected from him.Harmison argues that Finn should be given the time to regain his form and confidence but says it is not as simple as just running in and trying to bowl quickly.People look too much into it, I think theyre wrong to try and put pressure on the kid, added the 2005 Ashes winner.Hes a big part of England being the team that they want to be - he has to be. Its easy for people to say - and I had it throughout my career - just go up and bowl fast, thats easier said than done, especially when yooure a little bit low on confidence and youre not sure exactly what the ball is doing.ddddddddddddHes got to find a way to get into a spell, get through a spell, into his next spell, get through a day and steadily build his confidence up that way. When he does that and Ive no doubt he will because hes a class performer, Steve Finn will start taking fives and sixes, no problem at all.Like Finn, Chris Woakes has had to deal with his fair share of criticism when playing for England in the past but the Warwickshire all-rounder has been in superb form this summer since coming into the team for the injured Ben Stokes. Chris Woakes has impressed Simon Jones since his recall Another member of Englands 2005 Ashes-winning bowling attack, Simon Jones, has been impressed by Woakes and the improvements he has made to his game.The thing that shocked me most about Chris Woakes was that he was the quickest of the lot, said Jones.He was bowling late 80s most of the time, I loved the lines he bowled, he bowled attacking lines, he bowled with discipline and with good rhythm and from where he was, he is looking a very, very good cricketer.Like so many observers, the Welshman has thoroughly enjoyed watching the England bowling attack in recent times and feels that there are few to match it in world cricket.There are a few good attacks around the world, South Africa have a very good attack but England have got to be up there, added Jones.Theyre bowling as a unit, back in 05 we did the same thing. They have boys for different roles and I think thats key. You need variety in the attack and thats what theyve got at the moment.Jimmy and Stuart Broad have been exceptional over the years and they have these young lads coming through which is really exciting for England and the future bodes well.Steve Harmison and Simon Jones were speaking at a PCA England Masters event at Bramhall Cricket Club to help raise money for the 1000 Hearts for Harry charity. Also See: England without Anderson Bairstow can be one of the best Pakistan v England: Story of 2015 Top order of merit ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz