Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

28.03.2019 02:17
As he cut across the field he was tackled by a pair Antworten

It didnt look like a dangerous play. Back on July 12th, in a game against the Calgary Stampeders, Chad Owens was returning a punt. As he cut across the field he was tackled by a pair of Stamps, who fell on Owens. The weight of the two players bent back his foot, causing the discomfort. Despite the injury, Owens still finished the game. Remarkably he finished with nine catches for 102 yards. On Saturday afternoon, Owens, who led the league in receptions a year ago, returns to the field in Edmonton as the Argos take on the Eskimos. Its not a moment too soon for the player known league wide as The Flyin Hawaiian. "Im excited," said Owens. "This is what Ive dedicated my life to do. This is what I love to do. I love to compete. I love to go out there and play football and to be back out there feels really good." Despite the frustration of not being able to play, Owens tried to make the most of his down time. "Any time you get to watch, you get to learn as well," said the receiver. "Thats what I did, I became a student. I became a fan. I got to watch some young guys step up, make plays. I got to familiarize myself with the new guys and how theyre running routes and how theyre doing things, because I knew eventually when I got back some of those guys may be around me and Id have to get a feel for how theyre doing things." Despite missing five of the Argos eight games, Owens still leads the team with 28 catches for 339 yards. Those marks still lead the team by six catches and 116 yards. To say that head coach Scott Milanovich is happy to see Owens back is an understatement. "It means a ton to Ricky (QB Ray)," said the coach. "Hes a guy that knows the offence that Ricky can count on to be in the right spot at the right time." Also happy to see Owens back is aforementioned QB. Ray says Owens return is big for the Argos offence. "Hes a special player," Ray told media before the game. "He does a lot of things out there. Hes a guy that you just want to get the ball into his hands and let him do his thing. All quarterbacks love the guys who can RAC, run after the catch. He makes me look good quite a bit." In any other circumstance the focus would be on Ray. Hes back in the city in which he starred for nine seasons, and hes 367 yards shy of the 50,000-yard mark for his career, something only Anthony Calvillo, Damon Allen, Danny McManus, Henry Burris and Ron Lancaster have accomplished. Elite company to be sure, something Ray is aware of. "Its going to be pretty special, obviously," said Ray. "The other guys that are in that club, some of whom Ive played against throughout my career, some of whom you hear about when you first come here, the legends that they are. Just to be in that group would be pretty special." "Its not something thats really on my mind," continued the QB. "Youre trying to win the football game. I think its more of when the seasons over, when youre done playing to kind of reflect back on and say it was pretty cool, Im pretty lucky." When pressed on the career milestone, and whether it would be important to hit the mark at Commonwealth Stadium, Ray quickly put that to bed. "No, no," said the 12-year veteran. "Trying to do it here or anywhere else, just doing it is pretty special regardless of where its at. Im just looking forward to come out here and playing (the Eskimos) and whoever it is the next week and when it happens it will be a great moment, but its not something Im going to take two weeks vacation to celebrate, its something more of when Im done playing to be happy about." Owens return comes at a good time for the Argos. The injury-plagued receiving corps is starting to get healthy. Jason Barnes returned last week, Owens is ready to go Saturday, which leaves only Andre Durie and Jason Chiles on the shelf, among those who were starters at the beginning of the season. Milanovich says Durie is getting close to being ready and the Argos are hoping to get him back for the Labour Day Classic against the Hamilton Tiger Cats. Chiles will be another three weeks or so. Wholesale Vikings Jerseys . The injury could land Machado on the 15-day disabled list, but its not as serious as it looked on Monday night, when the third baseman crumpled in a heap at the plate after taking an awkward swing in a game against the New York Yankees. Cheap Vikings Jerseys Authentic . But Paul Osbaldiston, Hamiltons assistant special teams and kicking coach, said the team still relished the championship game workout. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseysauthentic.com/. "I was so nervous," Hadley said Sunday after winning the Puerto Rico Open for his first PGA Tour victory. "I did not eat well last night.TAMPA, Fla. -- Derek Jeter has joined teammate Alex Rodriguez in hitting against minor league pitching. Coming back from a broken left ankle, Jeter had an opposite-field single to right in six at-bats Friday against a minor league right-hander. The Yankees captain said it was his second day of facing live pitching. Rodriguez, who had hip surgery in January, had two doubles and a single in five plate appearances, and he also ran the bases after putting the ball in play. The Yankees have not announced a date for when A-Rod will begin a minor league injury rehabilitation assignment, but running bases during the at-bat situation normally is among the final preparation steps.dddddddddddd Rodriguez also had a post-hitting baserunning session with catcher Francisco Cervelli, who caught during A-Rods at-bats and resumed taking on-field batting practice. Cervelli is rehabilitating from a broken hand. Rodriguez didnt stop to talk with reporters when leaving the Yankees minor league complex. Jeter hasnt played this season after breaking an ankle in the playoffs last October and having surgery. Another fracture was discovered during his first rehab in April. The Yankees expect both Jeter and Rodriguez to return to the active roster after the All-Star break. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz