Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 78 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

26.03.2019 04:25
gettable experience, definitely a career highli Antworten

PINEHURST, N.C. -- In the midst of throwing away a four-shot lead, Michelle Wie never lost sight of the big picture at Pinehurst No. 2. The U.S. Womens Open rarely goes according to plan, and Saturday was no exception. Wie knows that from experience long ago, and she settled down with four important pars to wind up with a 54-hole share of the lead for the third time in her career. Wie was a teenager the other two times. Now at 24, she was one round away from capturing her first major. "Im just grateful for another opportunity," Wie said after salvaging a 2-over 72 to tie Amy Yang. "Tomorrow Im going to play as hard as I can and hope for the best." Yang, who earned a spot in the final group for the second time in three years, didnt make a par until the eighth hole in a wild round so typical of this day. Only a sloppy bogey on the final hole cost her the outright lead, though she was more than happy with a 68. They were at 2-under 208, the only players still under par. A pivotal moment for Wie came on the 12th hole. She reached 6 under for the tournament with back-to-back birdies at the turn. She made her first double bogey of the tournament with a tee shot she hooked into the pine trees on the 11th. Her next drive sailed well to the right and settled on a sandy path. Instead of punching under the trees and over the bunker to the green -- anything long is a tough up-and-down -- she pitched out to the fairway and made bogey. "U.S. Opens are tough," she said. "I feel like maybe on a different golf course, I would have taken that chance. You just dont want to be too greedy out here. Even though you make bogey, sometimes you just dont want to make a double out here. I felt like I made the right decision there." The USGA set the course up relative to what the men faced last Saturday in the U.S. Open when wire-to-wire winner Martin Kaymer had his only over-par round with a 72. It was short (6,270 yards) but tough because of the pin positions. That didnt stop Juli Inkster. The 53-year-old Hall of Famer, who has said her 35th appearance in the Womens Open will be her last, had a tournament-best 66 to get into contention. She will be in the penultimate group, four shots out of the lead, still dreaming of a third Open title that would make her by 10 years the oldest Womens Open winner. "You can think and you can dream all you want," Inkster said. "But the bottom line is youve got to come out and make the shots. And if Im tied for the lead coming up 18, then maybe Ill think about it. Ive got a long way to go. Im just going to enjoy the moment and hit a few balls and see what happens." Also remaining in the hunt was Lexi Thompson, who won the first LPGA major this year in a final-round duel with Wie, and pulled within one shot of Wie with a pair of birdies early in the round. It fell apart on two holes. Thompson missed the green to the left on No. 8 -- the worst spot at Pinehurst -- and her first chip fell down the slope, leading to double bogey. On the next hole, she went long over the green and chose to take relief she really didnt need from a white line marking the TV tower. Thompson went to the drop zone, and her ball rolled back into a divot. Worst yet, she still used her putter, and it hopped high out of the divot and had no chance to reach the green. She made another double bogey, then made three straight bogeys on the back nine. She birdied the final hole for a 74 that left over 3 over. Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., finished the third round in a tie for 18th place, while Sue Kim of Langley, B.C., tumbled to 56th. Na Yeon Choi had a 71 and was in the group with Inkster at 2-over 212 along with Stephanie Meadow (69) and 18-year-old amateur Minjee Lee of Australia (72). Another shot back were So Yeon Ryu, who played her final 10 holes in 3 under for a 70, and Karrie Webb, who went the final 12 holes without a bogey for a 70. "Michelle Wie has put a few of us back into the tournament," Webb said. "Two hours ago, I didnt think I had a shot. Im pretty happy about that." Wie hit 8-iron to 8 feet for birdie on the par-3 ninth, and then hit a beautiful lag from about 80 feet for at two-putt birdie on the par-5 10th to reach 6 under. One swing changed everything. The back tee on No. 11 was used for the first time all week, playing at 444 yards. Lucy Li, the 11-year-old who missed the cut as the Womens Opens youngest qualifier in history, walked the final 12 holes with the last group. "Man, that hole is like 10 times harder from there," she said. "Well, maybe not for them." Definitely for them based on their shots. Wie hit a snap-hook that rambled through the trees and left her no shot but to go sideways and slightly back. She hit her third in a greenside bunker, blasted out about 25 feet long and nearly off the green and made double bogey. "You cant be in the tree here," Wie said. "But I felt like I grinded out there." Thats what it usually takes in the U.S. Womens Open. Wie shot 82 in final round at Cherry Hills when she was 15. She missed a playoff at Newport by two shots a year later. She is back again, a 24-year-old former teen prodigy, 18 holes away and still a long way to go. Cheap Football Jerseys . Los Angeles announced its new deal for Kupchak late in the fourth quarter of a 145-130 loss to the Houston Rockets. Kupchak had one year left on his current contract. Authentic NFL Jerseys China .? It was his second straight start for the Jets; he suffered a 1-0 loss against Minnesota Monday. So this season Hutchinson has now won games in the ECHL, AHL and NHL. He was perfect three- for-three in the shootout to nail down the win. http://www.nflcheapjerseysfreeshipping.com/. - Frankie (The Answer) Edgar dominated B. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . - Andrew McCutchen went 4 for 5 and finished a home run short of a cycle, and Jordy Mercer drove in a career-high four runs to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to an 8-2 rout of the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . The move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Hosmer was originally hit on the hand in the first inning of a July 20 loss to Boston. He has played most of the time since, but missed a few contests due to the injury, then departed Thursdays win over the Twins and had tests that revealed the fracture.Last week, Sky Academy Sports Scholar Siobhan-Marie OConnor teamed up with Athlete Mentor Tom Reed for a Sky Sports Living for Sport School visit at Siobhans old secondary school, Ralph Allen College in Bath. With the swimming qualifiers for the 2016 Rio Olympics fast approaching we caught up with Sports Scholar Siobhan and heres what she had to say…What has it been like coming back to your old school and seeing some of your old teachers? OConnor was joined on her visit by Sky Sports athlete mentor Tom Reed Its been really nice to come back to my old school and walk the corridors that are so familiar. I have really happy memories of my time here, I loved being able to see my friends every day. My teachers were so great with helping me balance school work with training, so its really nice to come back today with Sky Academy.And how was meeting Tom Reed and being involved in the Sky Sports Living for Sport session? Ive actually seen Tom around the Bath University campus so it was a bit weird seeing him at my old school. The session was great too, the kids looked like they were really enjoying themselves. I would have loved to be part of something like this when I was at school. How did you get into swimming?I started swimming when I was seven years old. My Dad is really into his sports so its safe to say I tried a lot of sports before I tried swimming. Who was your childhood hero? Why?Rebecca Adlington for sure. I remember watching her double gold at the 2008 Beijing Olympics on TV. Shes such an inspiration and it was so amazing being on the same team with her at London 2012. She is such a lovely lady and has always been so kind and supportive.How many hours do you spend training a week?A lot! We have 10 swimming sessions a week - two every day apart from Wednesdays and Saturdays where we only have one. On average Ill cover 6km a session. On top of that we also have five land sessions, which can be anything from gym sessions to strength and conditioning. Whats the worst thing about swimming?I love swimming which is why I do it but the sacrifices to be the best swimmer I can, can be hard. I cant just drop everything and go out and see my friends. I also have to be careful with what I eat although I do love a box of Bens cookies! You have to treat yourself every now and then!What was it like competing at the London 2012 Olymppics? OConnor is setting her sights on a successful Olympics this summer in Rio London was an unforgettable experience, definitely a career highlight for me.dddddddddddd I was only 16 when selected and I was the youngest Team GB swimmer. What does Rio mean to you?The Olympic Games is a huge opportunity to compete at the highest level and an incredible, life-changing experience for any athlete. Im four years older, and like to think four years wiser than my first Olympics, so Im going into the next couple of weeks and months prepared and will be the very best I can be. Whats it like being a Sky Academy Sports Scholar?Its so great, Im one of 11 scholars in a variety of different sports. The best thing about it is that were all on the same journey, with the same end goal, so we have a lot in common. How has Sky Academy helped you in your swimming career to date?The support we get is unbelievable. The scholarship has helped me leave no stone unturned. Ive been able to go to altitude camps, and Ive just come back from a training camp in Australia, which was so beneficial. Were you into sports at school?I was yes, I did PE as an A-level at Ralph Allen. As a child I was into most sports, in fact there probably wasnt a sport I didnt try! However, as I got a little older, swimming became the focus and other sports took a back seat. I still follow most sports as a spectator and support Bath rugby and Arsenal!What was your favourite subject?I really loved PE and I think it has really helped me with my swimming. With swimming being a power to weight sport its so important being able to understand how the body works. Did you struggle with swimming and school? OConnor took part in a sports session during her visit I really did, and I ended up dropping A-levels as I couldnt manage the work load. I was missing lessons because of training or competitions. I even remember falling asleep a lot in lessons! Quick Fire Questions:What is your favourite Instagram filter?PerpetuaWhats your favourite cheat meal?A box of Bens cookiesWhat is your favourite TV box set to watch?FriendsWhat is your favourite takeaway?Fish and Chips ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz