Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

01.03.2019 02:57
The slugger is expected to be activated Antworten

CHICAGO -- While the Chicago White Sox await the return of injured slugger Jose Abreu, Dayan Viciedo is doing his part to make up for the missing power. Viciedo hit a long three-run homer, Conor Gillaspie collected four more hits and the White Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 6-2 on Monday. Abreu, who is out with a left ankle injury, took 25 grounders and played soft toss before the game. He also hit 30 balls off a tee. The slugger is expected to be activated from the 15-day disabled list when he is eligible on June 2. Viciedo went 2 for 4 for his first multihit game since May 19 at Kansas City. He said the bond between the two Cuban players has been beneficial for both sides. "We have a great relationship," he said through an interpreter. "There are some things he has mentioned to me and I give him advice as well. It goes both ways. Knowing each other for years and then being here together definitely helps." Gillaspie went 4 for 4, scored twice and drove in a run. He became the first White Sox player to hit three doubles in a single game since Paul Konerko on May 26, 2012, against the Indians. Viciedo connected in the third inning against Josh Tomlin as the White Sox improved to 5-3 this year against Cleveland. Mike Aviles, Michael Brantley and Ryan Raburn had two hits apiece for the Indians, who have dropped three of four. Brantley and Raburn each drove in a run. Cleveland third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall committed a costly error in the third inning, allowing Marcus Semien to reach. Gillaspie then singled to put runners on first and second before Viciedo drove a 1-2 pitch over the wall in left for his fifth homer, giving the White Sox a 3-1 lead. "Thats on me," Tomlin said. "I need to do a better job of picking Lonnie up there. It took a tough hop and I need to come back and make a better pitch to Viciedo right there." Gillaspie is batting .407 (24 for 59) in his last 16 games. The White Sox added two more runs in the sixth on consecutive RBI singles for Alexei Ramirez and Alejandro De Aza against Bryan Shaw. Gillaspies third double in the seventh scored Semien from first base, making it 6-2. "Any time you can add on runs, its big," Chicago manager Robin Ventura said. Tomlin (3-2) allowed two earned runs and five hits in five-plus innings. He struck out eight and walked one. Jose Quintana (3-4) pitched six effective innings for the White Sox, allowing two runs and five hits. Scott Downs got four outs for his first save. "Its great to give Q some run support," Gillaspie said. "Hes a guy that goes out there every time, hes a fighter, hes a bulldog out there. To give him some run support, it has to make him feel better about his performance." Quintana also got some help from his defence in the sixth. Raburn singled in Brantley with one out, but was thrown out by right fielder Moises Sierra trying to stretch it to a double. "Its a good feeling," Quintana said. "Thats a good one for us, the first game of the series. It was good to make a quality start, too, which gives us a chance to win." NOTES: Cleveland manager Terry Francona declined comment on the Cubs hiring Manny Ramirez as a minor league coach/player. "Ive got my hands full being the manager of this team," said Francona, who was in Boston with Ramirez and Cubs executive Theo Epstein. "I did exchange a couple of texts with Theo yesterday in fun." ... Indians slugger Carlos Santana was in the original lineup at DH but was scratched because he was feeling ill. ... INF Jason Kipnis (right oblique strain) will rejoin the Indians on Tuesday following a rehab assignment. ... RHP Justin Masterson (2-3) faces White Sox ace Chris Sale (4-0) in the second game of the series. Bryce Harper Jersey .com) - Klay Thompson is quickly proving he is worth every penny of his recently signed four-year contract extension. Shawn Kelley Jersey . There are practical ideas, like this Chewbaca inspired Star Wars jerseys. Star Wars themed jerseys for the Toledo Mud Hens. http://www.cheapnationalsjerseys.com/?ta...gonzalez-jersey. Luis Enrique signed the deal with club president Josep Bartomeu two days after it was announced by the club. That was two days after coach Gerardo Martino stepped down when Barcelona finished its first season without a major trophy in six years. Tanner Roark Jersey . Claude Noel will be the man behind the bench when the team hits the ice of the MTS Centre to begin its inaugural season. Cheap MLB Jerseys . Following the Ford Womens World Curling Championship gold medal match that attracted record-breaking audiences to TSN, the networks exclusive live coverage of the tournament begins Saturday at 7am et/4am pt with Canadas opening draw against Denmark.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- A Super Bowl hero is returning to the New York Giants. Mario Manningham, one of the Giants most productive receivers from 2008-2011, will rejoin the team. Known for his spectacular 38-yard reception that began the teams winning drive against New England in the 2012 Super Bowl, Manningham spent the last two seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. Those two seasons with the 49ers were cut short by injury. In 2012, he played in 12 games before tearing his ACL and missing San Franciscos post-season run to the Super Bowl. Last year, he began the season on the physically unable to perform list, returned to play in six games, but again ended up on injured reserve because of recurring issues with his knee. He was the Giants third-round draft choice in 2008, the 95th overall selection. In four years, he caught 160 passes for 2,315 yards and 18 touchdowns. "Once a Giant, always a Giant. Thats how I feel," he said Tuesday. "This is a very special place. I wanted to come back. "Im real excited. Its just great to see everybody, be around familiar faces, knowing everybody in the past and just being comfortable around everybody." Manninghams best season with the Giants was in 2010, when he had career-high totals of 60 receptions for 944 yards and nine touchdowns. He had a career-long catch in each of the final two games, with an 85-yardder at Green Bay and a 92-yarder at Washington.dddddddddddd In the last three games of that season, Manningham caught 16 passes for 346 yards, a 21.6-yard average, and four touchdowns. In order, Manningham totalled 113, 132 and 101 yards to become the first Giants receiver with three consecutive 100-yard games since Homer Jones in 1968. In his two seasons in San Francisco, Manningham played in 18 games with 13 starts and had 51 catches for 534 yards and one touchdown. New York also signed free agent kick returner Trindon Holliday, who spent the last two seasons with Denver. Holliday scored on a 105-yard kickoff return last season. He also had an 81-yard punt return against the Giants. In a playoff loss to Baltimore two seasons ago, Hollidays record-setting performance saw him return a punt in the first quarter for a 90-yard touchdown, the longest punt return in post-season history. In the third quarter, he ran back a kickoff 104 yards for another score to become the first player in NFL history with a punt return touchdown and a kick return touchdown in the same post-season game. At 5-foot-5 and 170 pounds, Holliday is one of the NFLs smallest players. "Sometimes, I think my size is an advantage," Holliday said. "I can field the kicks and hide behind those big linemen when the other guys are coming down. Its hard for them to see me." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz