Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 155 mal aufgerufen
 Scooterpics
lebaobei123 Offline

Mega-Poster

23.02.2019 04:51
dismal weekend sweep at the hands o Antworten

SALT LAKE CITY -- Derrick Favors is a difference-maker, rusty or not. Favours returned from a hip injury and set the tone early on his way to 20 points to help the Utah Jazz beat the Boston Celtics 110-98 on Monday night. "I felt rusty to tell you the truth but it felt good to be back out there. I made a lot of open shots and I think I did a good job defensively to help my team win," Favors said. Utah coach Ty Corbin was glad to see Favours back on the court. "He does so many good things for us on the defensive end, it really makes it easy for the other guys," said Corbin, whose team is 0-9 without his star centre. In the games Favors has missed, its easy to see the Jazz struggle to defend. Even the soft-spoken big man can see the void when hes on the sidelines. "They are a step slow on the defensive end. Usually Im the only guy who helps out when guys make mistakes. Im the guy who bails them out," Favors said. On the offensive end, Alec Burks is the guy who bails out the Jazz when the play breaks down or the shot clock nears zero. Burks scored 21 points and his instant offence helped keep the Celtics at bay but he knows Utahs limited success this season is keyed by defence. "Having that defensive anchor, that man-child down there helps us a lot," Burks said. "When we see he is also confident in his shot, it makes the whole team confident." Marvin Williams added 19 points on 8-for-10 shooting to help the Jazz break a three-game losing streak and end a six-game skid to the Celtics. Favours established himself early with four baskets in the opening quarter and bolstered Utahs leaky defence in the middle. Jeff Green and Kelly Olynyk each had 21 points for Boston, which dropped all four games on its road trip and extended its losing streak to five. The Jazz shot 55 per cent and led by as many 18 points as six players scored in double figures and featured quick ball movement against the weary Celtics. "We couldnt break their rhythm," Green said. "They kept going to the same thing, making us work. They got good looks and were making shots." Favours had three blocked shots and Jeremy Evans had a career-high four but the Celtics made 20 of 21 free throws to stay in the game. Despite a strong game from Rajon Rondo, who had 18 points and 10 assists, the Celtics dropped to 4-22 against teams from the Western Conference and 0-13 on the road. Boston has dropped 18 consecutive road games versus Western Conference opponents since a 110-107 overtime win over Utah last Feb. 25. Burks, who is averaging more than 20 points in a reserve role over the last six games, helped the Jazz finally shake the Celtics mastery over Utah. No current member of the Jazz roster was on the team was on the team when Utah last defeated Boston, 110-97 on March 10, 2010. "Were maturing as a team and Im maturing as a player. Im playing my game. I know my role," Burks said. The Celtics, who shot less than 40 per cent on the road trip, missed regular starters Jared Sullinger and Avery Bradley as the Boston offence broke down early and often. Sullinger is following the leagues protocol after suffering a mild concussion Friday, while Bradley has missed 12 of 15 games with an ankle injury. "Were just trying to keep our heads up, keep working. Were banged up," Olynyk said. Rondo passed to Kris Humphries for a jumper and then made one of his own to pull the Celtics to 59-50 to begin the second half. But Williams and Richard Jefferson countered with baskets and the Celtics couldnt again trim the lead to single digits until Jerryd Bayless made a layup to make it 103-94 with 3:18 to play. The Jazz clinched the game with a three-point play by Favours and Williams fast-break layup with 1:08 to play. The starting lineup of Richard Jefferson, Williams, Favors, Gordon Hayward (10 assists) and Trey Burke improved to 17-9 on the year. All other lineups are 3-33 for Utah. NOTES: The start of the game was delayed for 10 minutes while crews fixed the remote-controlled camera perched atop one of the shot clocks. ... Tennis great John McEnroe sat courtside and hit balls into the crowd during a timeout. ... Favours used the ballboys mop to get a ball down that became stuck on the top of the backboard after an errant driving attempt by Bayless. Wholesale Stephen Curry Shoes . Future Hall of Famer Ricky Ray is in his prime and back for a third season in double blue. The 34-year old was magnificent in 2013, throwing for just under 2,900 yards despite missing eight games, tossing an impressive 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions, completing 66 per cent of his passes in the process. Discount Curry Shoes . Head of clinic Josef Obrist tells the Austria Press Agency on Thursday that Morgenstern "is doing surprisingly well. ... He still has a memory gap but thats nothing unusual." Morgenstern has moved to a rehabilitation clinic in Klagenfurt for further recovery. http://www.discountcurryshoes.com/. 1. Lions WR Calvin Johnson (6 REC, 101 YDS, 1 TD, 10 targets) leads receivers with 1,299 yards and 12 touchdowns, though his 118.1 receiving yards per game ranks second behind Clevelands Josh Gordon. Gordon (10 REC, 261 YDS, 2 TD, 15 targets) is emerging as a superstar, putting up huge numbers even with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden at quarterback. Buy Curry Shoes Online .ca! There is plenty of blame to be shared as a result of the most recent NHL player (Pittsburghs Brooks Orpik) to be evacuated from the ice on a stretcher following an ugly incident Saturday night in Boston. Stephen Curry Shoes Clearance . Funny, they looked like longtime friends during Pittsburghs 5-1 demolition of Dallas on Tuesday night. Quick to the puck and even quicker to the net, the Penguins top line overwhelmed the suddenly struggling Stars as Pittsburgh bounced back from a dismal weekend sweep at the hands of Philadelphia by jumping on Dallas early.Per Mertesacker has discussed the possibility of rejoining Werder Bremen, according to the German clubs captain. Mertesacker remains Arsenals skipper but is out of contract next summer and yet to play this season because of a serious knee injury.Officials from Bremen and Hannover, another of Mertesackers former club, have publicly declared an interest in bringing the centre-half back home next season. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. And current Bremen skipper Clemens Fritz told Bild: Weve talked about it [a return to Bremen]. It would be a good thing for the club.Mertesacker this month said he would conssider his future from January, when he will be free to discuss pre-contract terms with club on the continent.ddddddddddddThe World Cup winner has seen Arsenal sign £35m compatriot Shkodran Mustafi since his pre-season injury, but he told Kicker magazine: I believe that I can reach a level again on which I am important for the team. I have the feeling that this is not the end.The more time I allow my knee, the longer Ill be able to play football. I can increase the workload already and I am no longer in pain.You can watch Liverpool v Man Utd, plus Englands tour of Bangladesh and the British Masters on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy six months at half price! Also See: Arsenal video Arsenal fixtures Arsenal stats Get a £10 free bet! ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz