Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Chit Chat
lebaobei123 Offline

Mega-Poster

12.12.2018 02:02
The Rams are logging a solid Antworten

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - The photo emblazoned on the front of Chris Harris Jr.s navy sweat shirt was a tribute to his favourite Denver Broncos cornerback — himself, of course.And the No fly zone caption underneath the image was fitting, too, since his side of the field has certainly become restricted air space, with QBs shying away from him.Still, Harris cover skills fly under the radar, hardly mentioned in the same breath as other elite defensive backs around the league. But he certainly got paid like one last week when the Broncos rewarded him with a five-year contract extension worth $42.5 million.Thats actually a hometown discount for an organization that took a chance on the undrafted college free agent out of Kansas in 2011. Had Harris hit free agency in the off-season, he wouldve earned more.Just ask him.I definitely could have gotten more off the open market, laughed the 25-year-old Harris, who had his wife and infant daughter in the audience Monday at a news conference to announce his extension. I know that, we all know that, but its not all about money at the end of the day. Its about being happy, and Im satisfied.Well, satisfied everywhere but on the field, anyway. Because he plays with an attitude after going undrafted, which he thinks is the root cause as to why he doesnt receive as much recognition as, say, a Richard Sherman or a Darrelle Revis or even his teammate — in Denver and at Kansas — Aqib Talib.This could be the season where Harris gains more notoriety, though, possibly make his first Pro Bowl team. Hes having that kind of year for the AFC West champion Broncos (11-3), with three interceptions and a team-leading 15 passes defended in limited chances.I always thought once you get your contract, I think thats when the accolades and all that stuff comes, said Harris, the protege of recently retired and future Hall of Famer Champ Bailey. But I think people are still going to see me as an underrated player just because of my size and the way I came into the league.Thats just something where I know my whole career Im going to have to deal with that.Broncos boss John Elway certainly saw something in him. And after only a handful of practices, too.He stood out and I said, We have something here, Elway recounted. Since hes been here, hes shown what he can do.Especially last season, when he turned in a standout season before tearing his left ACL in the Broncos divisional playoff against the Chargers. He watched the Super Bowl from the sideline and then underwent surgery.He was back in less than seven months. Hasnt missed a step, either.Chris just has something in his head and his heart — he dont like to lose, Talib said. Hes one of the most competitive guys Ive ever come across in my life.The Broncos have now made quite an investment in their secondary, locking up Harris and Talib to the tune of nearly $100 million.A hefty price, but necessary in this quarterback-savvy league.The passing games a big part of the game right now and so you cant have enough good cover guys, Elway said. To be able to have two guys like we have in Aqib and now Chris under contract, its very, very important.Next up for Elway is working out deals for receiver Demaryius Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas. Looming on the horizon is hybrid linebacker Von Miller as well.Were hoping that we can get everybody, Elway said. Its never going to be easy, but Chris was the target to start with and we were thankful to get that done, so we hope that we can continue to do that and keep this team together.Im happy for guys like Chris. Im happy for him because hes the type of guy you want around, a great competitor, tough. It just gives him confidence to know what we think of him but also know that hes got that ability to step up and be that kind of leader.___AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Stapleton contributed to this report.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Justin Faulk Jersey . Reyes, 26, was traded from Atlanta to Toronto in July 2010 and spent the remainder of the season in the minors. He began 2011 in the majors and made 20 starts with the Blue Jays, going 5-8 with a 5.40 earned run average before he was waived on Aug. Janne Kuokkanen Jersey .3 seconds remaining, and No. 7 North Carolina held off a resilient No. 25 Virginia team, 54-51, on Saturday. John Henson contributed a double-double with 15 points to go with 11 rebounds for the Tar Heels (25-4, 12-2 ACC), who have won five straight and 10 of 11. http://www.officialhurricanesfanstore.co...ricanes-jersey/. With the union re-formed, negotiations with owners will resume Friday on the remaining issues that would be in the collective bargaining agreement, according to a person familiar with the plans. Jordan Martinook Jersey . A-Rod is also disqualified from any post-season play. So at the tender age of 38, he will miss all of next season. As a result of missing the coming season, hes also out $25 million (which coincidentally is my hourly rate). Brett Pesce Jersey .com) - The NFL is investigating whether the New England Patriots intentionally deflated balls during Sundays AFC Championship Game against Indianapolis.Richmond, VA (SportsNetwork.com) - The seventh-ranked Virginia Cavaliers will face a tough test on Saturday afternoon, as they tangle with the Virginia Commonwealth Rams in a non-conference affair at the Siegel Center. No challenge has been too difficult for Virginia, with the team a perfect 8-0 entering Saturdays duel. The Cavaliers most recent success came on the road against former ACC rival Maryland (76-65). They will begin a three-game homestand next, beginning against Cleveland State on Dec. 18. VCU is starting a three-game homestand of its own in this contest, with dates against Northern Iowa and Belmont coming up. The Rams topped Illinois State on the road last time out (66-62), improving their overall record to 5-2 in the process. These in-state rivals have met 12 times previously, with Virginia claiming victory 10 times. However, when they met last season, the Rams escaped with a 59-56 win at John Paul Jones Arena. Virginia led by as many as 18 points and never trailed against Maryland. The Cavaliers were successful on 53.1 percent of their shots from the floor, while limiting the Terrapins to 30 percent accuracy. They also enjoyed a 36-20 scoring edge in the paint and a 34-22 advantage in rebounds. Malcolm Brogdon scored a game-high 18 points, while Justin Anderson finished with 16 points and six boards, which tied for the team lead. Last season, Virginia used its exceptional defensive ability to roll to a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. The Cavaliers are following the same blueprint this season. They currently rank among the top-five teams in the country in scoring defense (46.dddddddddddd ppg, second), opponent field goal percentage (.311, fourth), opponent assists (7.1 apg, second) and opponent rebounds (26.4 rpg, third). Anderson (15.1 ppg) has made great strides as a scorer this season, connecting on 54.4 percent of his field goal attempts. Anthony Gill (12.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg) scores and rebounds well, and Brogdon (12.2 ppg) is a tenacious defender, who can put the ball in the basket as well. VCU avoided a setback against Illinois State thanks to a 13-5 run to finish the contest, capped by a pair of free throws by Briante Weber with four seconds to play. The Rams only made 33.8 percent of their shots from the floor, but they had 25 more field goal attempts than did the Redbirds because of 24 forced turnovers and 19 offensive rebounds. Melvin Johnson drained five 3-pointers and finished with a game-high 19 points. Shaka Smarts HAVOC defensive scheme has not been as effective this season. The Rams are logging a solid number of steals per game (9.1), but they have not really slowed down teams offensively, with opponents falling just below 70 points per game and 45 percent shooting. Treveon Graham (17.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg) and Johnson (17.1 ppg) have each taken it upon themselves to be the offensive forces for the squad. Weber (8.8 ppg, 5.2 apg, 3.8 spg) is the next-best scorer on the roster, but he makes more of an impact as a passer and a defender, with his ability to rack up assists and steals. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz