Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Erfahrungen mit der Polizei
elaine95 Offline

Mega-Poster

10.01.2020 04:51
putting together an All Pro calibe Antworten

This has shaped up to be a classic Belichick draft."WhitePatriots News Opinion and Analysis Contribute! FanPostsFanShotsAbout the Site List of Patriots Twitter AccountsWrite For Pats Pulpit!New User Welcome and Commenting GuideCommunity GuidelinesMastheadTopics Patriots Off-Season CoveragePatriots Opinion/AnalysisPatriots NewsPatriots Draft CoverageSportfolio ManagementNFL DraftPatriots Opinion/AnalysisNFL Draft GradesPC’s Picks: My take on the Patriots selecting Joejuan Williams in round two of the 2019 NFL draftNew Andre Tippett Jersey ,76commentsThis has shaped up to be a classic Belichick draft. EDTShareTweetShareSharePC’s Picks: My take on the Patriots selecting Joejuan Williams in round two of the 2019 NFL draftTrevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY SportsThis draft has been a quintessential Belichick performance. A potential reach for a defensive back in the 2nd round? Check. Drafting at positions of apparent strength? Check. Drafting regardless of positional value? Check. Drafting pure special teamers a bit too high? Of course. Drafting questionably early and seizing superior paper value later on? You know it.Let’s continue breaking down the Patriots’ draft with the aforementioned DB.45th Overall: Joejuan Willams, CB Belichick just can’t help himself. Despite the elite combination of depth and talent in the secondary he seems to view selecting controversial second round DB’s as sacrosanct. Perhaps a part of the deal he struck with Satan to get Tom Brady in the sixth? I’d buy it. Grade: BWhat I LikeThe first thing that stands out is the most obvious. Williams is massive for a player of his position. His height and weight are in the 95+ percentile and his arm length, hands and wingspan all in the 85+ percentile. If you were designing a corner in a lab to match up with big receivers and tight ends it would look exactly like the Vanderbilt product.The second thing to stand out is his attitude: he’s got the Ramsey/Sherman swagger, you know, the loud hyper confidence that borders on arrogance. Here is the thing though. If there was one position I could pick where cockiness is an advantage it would be cornerback. Every corner gets burned but the best corners have the memory of a gnat. Williams is not going to be intimidated by anyone which is the perfect attitude for a corner and a great mentality to bring to the defense. Williams is also my favorite type of corner — a guy who excels at physical press-man coverage. Good press-man corners are hard to find but they also tend to be the types of corners receiver dread the most. Vanderbilt used Williams all over the place to help disguise their coverage's, something Belichick will almost certainly like to do as well.Another thing to like is that Williams played against SEC competition. If you are projecting to the NFL SEC competition is the best to play against. And Williams did not simply play against the best he put the Fear of God in them. There were games where teams just flat out avoided Williams’ side of the field. I think tackling and run support are overvalued traits in corners but that doesn’t mean they don’t have value. Williams is a good tackler and happy to play run support. Williams is also reportedly big into film which is a trait I value significantly.There were numerous media draftniks who said that Williams was being slept on and that he was the best cornerback prospect in the draft, albeit in a class without a lot of great corners. The scuttlebutt is that the Patriots considered taking Williams at #32, and since we know they traded up to get him, I am inclined to believe the rumor they had a first round value on him. I think the best case scenario would be a unicorn player who can successfully cover most receivers AND tight ends at a high level. What Concerns MeThe first is the context of the pick. The Patriots passed on numerous talented players at positions of need, and gave up valuable draft capital Womens Irving Fryar Jersey , to draft a player for a position with no pressing need. None of that matters if he is a good player but it will rub salt in the wound if he is not. The other issue is the widely varying grades on Williams. For every one draftnik with a first-round grade on Williams, there were several others who had him graded as a day three talent. If he busts this will look like a classic second round defensive back reach. If I had to pick my biggest concern of Williams it would be his athletic limitations. A lot of people compare William to Richard Sherman because their 40-yard times damaged their draft stocks, but Sherman was above average in his testing outside of his 40 time. The same thing cannot be confirmed of Williams because he only did the bench press and the 40. The biggest reason people don’t take a test is if they know they will flunk. Suspicion of issues is far better than confirmation of issues.As successful as he was in college the lack of athleticism showed up on tape and that disparity will only deepen in the NFL.Personally, I think that is the biggest reason some people are down on him. If he’s a success he’s going to be a very unique success. Frankly, as long Williams plays in the low 4.5’s his speed is not a concern for me. He’s going to be fast enough to keep up with most big receivers and any tight ends. The long speed isn’t really a worry for me. The lack of overall athleticism is the red flag for me.There are plenty of players who are successful in spite of crappy measurables. But when you lack measurables you have to make it up by being that much better of a player. Williams struggled with good route runners and makes some silly errors in zone. He also tends to be a bit of a boom-or-bust player: he can suffocate receivers to death but he also gets torched more frequently that you would like.He has to get more consistent with what he does well and he has to develop a variety of ways to compensate for his lack of athleticism. The good news is he should have plenty of time to do that. I think the worst case scenario is that he fails to develop as a player and the lack of athleticism dooms him to mediocrity. Closing Thoughts on the GradeMy grades are arbitrary and snap shot. The truth is that it will take years to accurately judge these picks. Consider Marcus Cannon who was universally reviled in 2015 before anchoring the right side for three straight Super Bowl berths, two championships, and one second-team All-Pro. The Patriots have access to infinitely more experience, eyes, data, and talent than I do.On the flip side that same wealth of experience Color Rush Hjalte Froholdt Jersey , eyes, data and skill at scouting took Jordan Richards in the second round. A guy who was projected as a seventh rounder and played like a player who should never have been drafted. No one’s perfect. This exercise is more about getting to know a player than it is a sweeping endorsement or condemnation of a pick.Pats Pulpit reacts to the Joejuan Williams pickSubscribe to the Pats Pulpit podcast for more draft reactions!For Joejuan Williams there were several things that kept him from being an A. The first was the wildly varying scouting reports and his clear athletic deficiencies. There is real risk of a bust there. He was also docked for being at a position of existing strength, having a potentially limited role, and costing significant resources to get. Keep in mind when I dock the Patriots for the resources spent it’s not because I’m against trading up — if you believe in your guy get him. It’s not “overpaying” if you hit on them. But it obviously does increase the risk associated with selection.The reason I gave it a B instead of a C is that I see this as an innovative pick that is the direct result of another innovative pick Belichick made in the second round in 2010: Rob Gronkowski changed the way the entire NFL views the tight end position and the proliferation of tight end talents has steadily grown over the last decade. Another recent trend in the NFL, albeit not prompted by the Patriots, is the big slot and the big outside receiver. If Williams pans out the way I hope he does he will carve out a unique role in the NFL as a TE/WR coverage corner.I really liked some of his tape and reputed intangibles too. At the end of the day I always prefer good players with mediocre athleticism to good athletes who are mediocre players.I’m also encouraged by reports that they had a first round grade on Williams. It’s extremely rare to see the Patriots whiff completely on a first round pick. The only times the Patriots have really whiffed completely have been injury-related. Remember, the Patriots almost assuredly did not have 32 players worth of first round grades. If they had a first round grade on Williams then it means they probably saw him as top-20 player in this class.If that’s how it pans out he will have been a steal. The specter of the second round reach definitely lingers over this pick but I am cautiously optimistic. The New England Patriots earned their fourth consecutive win and fifth victory of the season to stay atop the AFC East, defeating the Chicago Bears 38-31. The Patriots overcame a lot of injuries to win in decisive fashion.Here’s what we learned.The Patriots are in trouble at running backSony Michel left the game early after a leg injury and was declared OUT after halftime. If Michel is unable to play, and at first glance it wouldn’t be surprising if he were out for a couple weeks, the Patriots would need to add another running back to the roster.Rex Burkhead and Jeremy Hill are already on the injured reserve Youth Hjalte Froholdt Jersey , leaving James White and Kenjon Barner as the only healthy rushers on the team- and Cordarrelle Patterson, too, if you’re feeling generous. Perhaps they could sign former practice squad rusher Ralph Webb for a couple weeks because neither White, nor Barner are reliable runners between the tackles. Barner and White combined for 76 rushing yards on 21 attempts (3.62 yards per carry) and the Patriots finished the game with 108 rushing yards on 27 carries. They’ll need another runner.Josh Gordon had his breakout game with Rob Gronkowski sidelinedGordon had 100 yards on 4 receptions, his first 100-yard game in a Patriots uniform, as New England needed someone to emerge after so many injuries. Rob Gronkowski didn’t play with his ankle and back injuries, while Michel suffered an injury of his own. Chris Hogan had a fine game with 6 catches for 63 yards and Edelman added 36 yards and a touchdown on 5 catches. White finished the day with 97 yards and two touchdowns as the obvious engine of the offense. But Gordon did a great job rising to the occasion.Props to LaAdrian Waddle and Trent Brown and the offensive lineThe Bears recorded one sack on Tom Brady and had one other hit on the day, as the Patriots quarterback had plenty of time to navigate around the pocket against a fierce Bears defensive front. Khalil Mack had one tackle on the day. Akiem Hicks and Eddie Goldman combined for four tackles (one for loss) on the day. That’s it. David Andrews probably had the most difficult day of the Patriots linemen, but the offensive line did a great job against the Bears elite defense.Can anyone tackle a scrambling quarterback?Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky ran 6 times for 81 yards and a touchdown. Four of those runs came on third down and all went for either a first down or a touchdown, and a fifth went 39 yards to the goal line. The Patriots struggled for a variety of reasons Womens Hjalte Froholdt Jersey , with defensive ends either losing contain, or defensive tackles failing to roll into the open gaps, allowing Trubisky to have wide open field to roam. The New England defense will have a lot of work to fix that issue over the coming games.Can anyone cover a tight end?We all expected Tarik Cohen to give the Patriots some difficulty as a running back coming out of the back with favorable match-ups against the New England linebackers. Cohen finished the game with 80 yards on 17 touch attempts (targets + rushes). Cohen is the Bear’s leader in yards from scrimmage, so all in all, that’s a pretty good job by the defense.But Trey Burton was fifth in the Bears offense in yards from scrimmage entering the game and gained 126 yards and a touchdown with 9 receptions on 11 targets. He found all the holes in the Patriots zone defense, in front of both Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung and behind Dont’a Hightower and Elandon Roberts. He shook the man coverage of Chung and McCourty and Jonathan Jones.What more can the Patriots do? Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce had 61 yards last week. Colts tight ends Eric Ebron and Erik Swooper combined for 149 yards and 3 touchdowns the week prior. They get to face the Buffalo Bills next week (thankfully) but then they get the Packers with Jimmy Graham and Aaron Rodgers in week 9. They have two weeks to fix this problem.New England defense had a pair of clutch interceptions, but should have had moreThe Patriots recorded a pair of great interceptions by Jonathan Jones and J.C. Jackson, but should have had more. Mitchell Trubisky was wildly inaccurate as a passer and was fortunate that Elandon Roberts and Stephon Gilmore dropped two passes in the end zone. Here’s Jones’s amazing one-handed grab.Stephon Gilmore continues to be the team’s best defenderDespite that dropped interception, Gilmore continued to play at an incredibly high level. How many completions did the Bears have throwing in his direction? That requires some more film review, but if it came back “zero for zero yards” I wouldn’t be shocked. Same applies for Jason McCourty.Allen Robinson had 1 catch for 4 yards on 5 targets. It was a great day for the Patriots’ outside cornerbacks as Gilmore is putting together an All Pro caliber campaign.Special teams gives and takes awayCordarrelle Patterson fumbled a kickoff in the first quarter to help the Bears take a 10-7 lead. But Patterson also returned a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown and added in a 38-yard return on the team’s final drive to help put the end zone out of reach for the Bears.Dont’a Hightower also blocked a punt Authentic Hjalte Froholdt Jersey , which Kyle Van Noy returned for a touchdown, the first punt return for a score since 1996 by Tedy Bruschi in his rookie season.Stephen Gostkowski also connected on all six of his kicks.The Patriots needed their special teams unit to make some big play and they delivered.The Patriots are in great position in the AFC EastThe Patriots won to move to 5-2 on the year.The Miami Dolphins lost to the Detriot Lions to fall to 4-3. The New York Jets lost to the Minnesota Vikings to fall to 3-4. And the Buffalo Bills were embarrassed by the Indianapolis Colts to fall to 2-5. The Patriots are back on top the AFC and the rest of the division looks awful. Everything is back in order.Oh, and the Jacksonville Jaguars lost 20-7 to the Houston Texans to fall to 3-4. The only way this week could turn out better for the Patriots would be if the New Orleans Saints defeat the Baltimore Ravens and the Cincinnati Bengals upset the Kansas City Chiefs.Next week, the Patriots are on the road against the Bills for Monday Night Football. We’re sorry, America.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz