Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 102 mal aufgerufen
 Bazar
lebaobei123 Offline

Mega-Poster

08.12.2018 02:55
hole.I hit my tee s Antworten

The first time I saw Anthony Calvillo in person I was lined up 15 yards away from him on a scorching hot field in Las Vegas, Nevada. The year was 1994, and Calvillo was a rookie starter for the Las Vegas Posse, playing against Saskatchewan in the first home game of what would be the Posses one and only season in the Canadian Football League. It is a game that will forever be remembered for the singing of our national anthem when, "O Canada", sounded like, "O Christmas Tree", however, it was also the second game of Calvillos career. It would be a career that would last for 20 years, would include a total of 365 games including playoffs and Grey Cups, and would culminate in Calvillo becoming pro footballs all-time leading passer. The old saying that reads, "you cant judge a book by its cover," couldnt have been more true when it came to my first impression of AC. We had limited information on the team, or Calvillo, it was early in the season and, he was a rookie, so there wasnt much film to watch. I tried to spend as much time as I could watching him in warm up, and I have to say I wasnt all that impressed. I knew he had played under Jim Zorn at Utah State, but he was undersized, bordering on skinny, and had a weird looking throwing style. I have to admit, I envisioned a lopsided win for the visiting team that day, that is until we kicked it off, and Calvillo started chucking the football around like he was playing in the playground on a Sunday afternoon with his brothers in La Puente, California. There is always a cat and mouse game that goes on between the free safety and a quarterback in football, and even though I was playing in my 11th year in the CFL, it didnt take long for AC to start making me feel like the mouse. The Posse won that night by a score of 32-22 and I would never underestimate the ability of Anthony Calvillo again. Not as an opponent, or an analyst covering his illustrious career for the last 19 years. Calvillos numbers and records are staggering - most passing yards, 79,816. Most touchdown passes, 455. Most 300-yard passing games, 125. Most 4000+ yard passing seasons, 11. Those are just a few of the records Calvillo holds, but he is also the leading passer in Grey Cup games, starting in eight of them, and winning on three occasions. And he has won more games as a starter than any quarterback in CFL history. Of the 277 games that AC started he won 167. Damon Allen is second on that list, winning 162. They are numbers and records that in some cases look unreachable. But as mind-numbing as they are, what is more impressive is how he achieved them. To see an in-depth look at the challenges that AC has had to overcome in his life, and his career, look no further than the documentary from the series Engraved On A Nation, called The Kid From La Puente. In it AC and his family talk about his personal and professional struggles and how he has constantly had to overcome adversity on and off the football field. Once you see it and understand the mountain that he has had to climb and then compare that to how Calvillo has carried himself, I think you will agree that while he is one of the games all-time best pocket passers, it is his strength of character that makes him great. Through his tough childhood, through fights with cancer, through his humble beginnings professionally, Calvillo has always carried himself with class and integrity. After viewing the documentary again on Monday night I couldnt help but think that most people facing that level of adversity would want to lash out at the world, and become bitter and angry. Or worse, to quit and walk away. Not Number 13, who has played 16 of his 20 years in Montreal. Calvillo has never complained about the hand he was dealt, he just somehow has always found a way to turn it into a winning hand. Over the next few days football fans will talk about his quick release, his ability to anticipate, his passing accuracy, and all of those astronomical numbers. We will discuss his leadership skills and his championships. The focus will be on AC the quarterback, however, personally, I will be thinking of Calvillo, the person. I include myself in a long list of people that have been inspired by his humility through success, and his perseverance through challenges. Later in that 1994 CFL season when the Posse made their one and only trip to Saskatchewan, I got a chance to meet Anthony when he attended a post-game function at my home with some of his teammates. The outcome of the game that night was different than back in Game 2 of the season, and the year had been a tough one for the Posse. And yet even though there was rumours that the team would be folding, I knew I would be seeing a lot more of Anthony Calvillo. In a conversation I had with him that night, he talked about how much he appreciated the opportunity that Canada and the CFL had provided him, and how hard he was going to work to try and stay in the league and improve. I had no idea at the time that I was talking to the player that would eventually become pro footballs all-time leading passer, but there was just something about Calvillos quiet determination that made me think I hadnt seen the last of this quarterback. Congratulations Anthony to you and your family as you walk away from the game on top of the mountain. From up close as an opponent on that hot night in Las Vegas, until your retirement on Tuesday it has been a pleasure watching you throughout this journey. Most will remember the passing yards and the wins, but I will remember the strength of character and class that you have shown every step of the way. Cheap Dallas Stars Gear . LOUIS -- St. Authentic Bill Goldsworthy Jersey .com) - A top-10 showdown is on tap in at the McKale Center on Saturday, as the 10th-ranked Arizona Wildcats play host to the eighth-ranked Utah Utes in a key Pac-12 matchup. http://www.cheapstarsjerseysauthentic.co...n-spezza-jersey. RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success. Authentic Jamie Benn Jersey . CEO Steve Koonin on Tuesday told the Hawks flagship radio station that he made the decision to discipline Ferry but allowed him to keep his job managing the team. He did not say what the punishment was, but noted that he relied on a law firms three-month investigation of Ferry and him describing Deng as someone who has a little African in him. Wholesale Dallas Stars Jerseys . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Penguins (3) - Surrendered a tough first goal against on a deflection through the body short side.PERTH, Australia - Denmarks Thorbjorn Olesen shot a scrambling 5-under 67 on Saturday at Lake Karrinyup to take a three-stroke lead in the Perth International.The 24-year-old Olesen had six birdies and a bogey in the third round to reach 16 under.I tried to go out there and be aggressive like I did the first two days, but I didnt have the game today, Olesen said. I didnt feel good. I was struggling out there. I made some great up-and-downs to keep it going. It was a fight all the way through, but I still had fun and I was fighting all the way. Five under is a great score today.South Koreas Sihwan Kim was second after a 69.Englands James Morrison was third at 12 under, following his course-record 63 with a 69. American Peter Uihlein was another stroke back after a 65.American Jasoon Dufner was tied for 19th at 7 under after a 69.dddddddddddd Hes making his first start since withdrawing during the first round of the PGA Championship in Kentucky because of a neck injury.Olesen chipped in for a birdie on the par-5 third hole.I hit my tee shot right — I hit a couple right today — but it was lying beautiful in the light rough, he said. I hit it perfect. It checked up on me and rolled right in.He won the 2012 Sicilian Open for his lone European Tour title.Its been a couple of years since I won, so definitely Ill feel the nerves Olesen said. Ive been in contention in big tournaments and I know how it feels. But itll be great to get that victory, so itll definitely be on my mind. I just want to be out there tomorrow, be aggressive, and have fun. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz