Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

10.09.2019 03:14
hing role his new organization has in store. The Y Antworten

Jacob Lindgren, the New York Yankees top selection, is ready for whatever pitching role his new organization has in store. The Yankees took Lindgren in the second round with the 55th overall pick Thursday night. New York hasnt told Lindgren whether they project the 5-foot-11, 203-pound pitcher from Bay St. Louis, Mississippi as a starter or reliever. "Its hard to make the big league club," Lindgren said. "Im sure the Yankees will do a good job monitoring" progress at each level to see where he fits best. Lindgren was a talented high-school pitcher taken in the 12th round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft by the Chicago Cubs, yet chose college ball over the pros. He worked mostly in relief his freshman year before earning a spot in the Bulldogs rotation to start his sophomore season. Lindgren, though, was inconsistent and Mississippi State coaches moved him back to the bullpen where he said something finally clicked. Lindgren became more aggressive in late-inning situations, he said, and that helped the speed on his fastball improve from the upper 80s-lower 90s to mid-90s this season. He refined that at the Cape Cod League last summer and brought that new mindset to the Bulldogs bullpen. "My stuff was just playing out better," he said. "And I feel like its worked out." That showed in his performance as Lindgren was one of the best relievers in the Southeastern Conference. He led the country with more than 16 strikeouts over nine innings this season. His 100 strikeouts this year was tops among all relievers in Division I and his draft status perked up. "I knew my junior year was going to be a huge year for me because I had a lot to prove," he said. "Thats why I worked hard." Lindgren had heard from many clubs including the Yankees prior to the draft, but didnt have a strong feeling about where hed end up. He grew up a Minnesota Twins fan, but "everybody dreams of playing for the New York Yankees and wearing the pinstripes," he said. Mississippi States season ended last weekend, losing in NCAA regional play to top-ranked Louisiana-Lafayette. Lindgren came on early in the final game Monday and worked 4 1/3 innings of three-hit ball, but it wasnt enough in the Rajun Cajuns 5-3 victory. The Yankees took pitchers with their first five selections, including Lindgrens Mississippi State teammate Jonathan Holder in the sixth round Friday. They also selected Connecticut high-schooler Austin DeCarr in the third round, South Carolina lefty starter Jordan Montgomery in the fourth and Central Michigan right-hander Jordan Foley in the fifth. Lindgrens selection carries a slot bonus value of $1,018,700. He doesnt expect holdups in reaching a deal and hopes to get that wrapped up as quickly as possible and begin helping the Yankees win games. He said baseball is about winning championships and "hopefully, we can bring one back to New York." Joel Matip Jersey . The Opening Day starter played 53 games this season hitting .192 with nine home runs and 25 RBI. Red Sox manager John Farrell has decided to start Jose Iglesias at third base as of late instead of Middlebrooks. Naby Keita Liverpool Jersey . Williams withdrawal came less than 24 hours after losing in the final Auckland WTA tournament final. "I dont believe she has an injury," Hobart tournament director Mark Handley said. http://www.footballliverpoolstore.com/Women-Naby-Keita-Liverpool-Jersey/ . They have homered once every 27.3 at bats, which just happens to be the third best mark in the American League, albeit just 10 games into the season. Divock Origi Liverpool Jersey . The 26-year-old Sobotka injured his left leg playing for the St. Louis Blues in a 3-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday. The Blues said he would not recover from the injury in time for the Olympic tournament. Xherdan Shaqiri Liverpool Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value.BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Lewis Hamilton posted the fastest time in the first and second practices for the Hungarian Grand Prix on Friday, with Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg second. Hamiltons best lap of 1 minute, 24.482 seconds was 0.238 seconds faster than Rosbergs in the second session. The Mercedes drivers, who have won nine of the 10 races this season, were the only ones finishing below 1:25 and were over a second faster than in the first practice. Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel was third. Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso was fourth in the second practice, nearly a second off Hamiltons pace, followed by Kevin Magnussen of McLaren, Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari, Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull and surging Valtteri Bottas of Williams. Gaining pole position for Sundays race is considered a huge plus on the twisting Hungaroring circuit, where passing opportunities are very limited. Hamilton is looking to win his third race in a row and his fifth overall on this track. Despite far outpacing the rest of the field, Hamilton said neither the soft nor medium Pirelli tire compounds had been satisfactory during the first two practice sessions on the famously dusty circuit. ";Neither tire was good, to be honest," said Hamilton, the 2008 F1 champion who completed 38 laps in the second practice, among the most of all drivers.dddddddddddd "They both have very poor grip." Hamilton said Mercedes was being careful about avoiding excessive tire wear during the practices. "It feels like you have to slow down too much now, to the point that its a bit boring," Hamilton said, adding that he expected a "tough day" during the last practice and the qualifying session on Saturday. The British driver, who crashed during qualifying a week ago for the German Grand Prix in Hockenheim due to brake failure, could be heard complaining about the brakes again during practice over the team radio. Later, however, he did not seem too concerned. "I just had some brake settings that werent great," Hamilton said after the second practice session. "This is a continuing issue we need to work on." Hamilton won four of the first five races of the season, later adding a fifth in at the British Grand Prix. He has 176 points, 14 behind Rosberg and 70 ahead of Ricciardo, the only other winner in 2014. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz