Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

21.08.2019 02:44
xas Elvis Andrus had permission to take chances. A Antworten

SEATTLE -- After getting on base with a one-out single in the ninth inning, Texas Elvis Andrus had permission to take chances. Andrus understood trying to take down Seattle ace Felix Hernandez required being aggressive just to get one run. "Especially when you face a guy like that, when hes on, its going to be hard," Andrus said. "For whoever is hitting its going to be hard to get good contact, a base hit." Locked in a scoreless tie, Andrus singled, stole two bases and scored on Adrian Beltres infield grounder in the ninth as the Rangers did just enough against Hernandez for a 1-0 win over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night. Andrus singled with one out, then proceeded to steal second and third base. The second stolen base came as Shin-Soo Choo walked on a 3-2 pitch from Hernandez and was the final batter for Seattles ace. Closer Fernando Rodney entered and got Beltre to hit a grounder into the hole at shortstop. Brad Miller fielded the ground ball and was able to get Choo at second, but Robinson Canos turn on the double play attempt was rushed and the throw was wide. Beltre was safe, Andrus scored and Texas got the run it needed. "The difference was the base hit to Andrus and he stole the two bases," Hernandez said. "That was the difference of the game." Texas handed Hernandez (8-2) just his second loss of the season and the Rangers have now handed him 21 of his career losses. "Its just a win. We see King Felix a lot so its just a win," Texas manager Ron Washington said. "I wouldnt put any more credence to it than what it was." Matching Hernandez was Texas starter Nick Tepesch and a trio of relievers. Tepesch threw 6 1-3 innings, Jason Frasor finished off the seventh, Shawn Tolleson (2-1) got through the eighth and Joakim Soria pitched the ninth for his 14th save. Texas posted its 13th shutout and fourth 1-0 victory this season. Seattle lost its fourth straight. Tepesch matched Hernandez all night. He faced the minimum through five innings and used just 47 pitches to set down the first 15 batters. The only batter to reach for Seattle was Mike Zunino with a single leading off the third inning. Zunino lined a ground-rule double into the Mariners bullpen leading off the sixth, the first baserunner by either team to reach second base but was left stranded at third. Tepesch started struggling in the seventh. With two on and one out, Tepesch was lifted in favour of Frasor who struck out pinch-hitter Endy Chavez looking and Dustin Ackley swinging to end the inning. Tolleson worked a perfect eighth to get the victory. Soria then shut down the top of Seattles order in the bottom of the ninth. He struck out James Jones, got a groundout from Kyle Seager and Cano grounded back to the mound for the final out. "I dont really try and focus on who I am throwing against," Tepesch said. "Its more about the hitters Im facing. I cant control his throwing or how well theyre going to throw or maybe theyre going to have a bad day. Its just controlling what I can control." Hernandez was coming off a career-best 15 strikeout performance in his last outing against Tampa Bay. Hernandez dominated the Rays, but didnt get the victory because Seattles offence failed to score while he was on the mound. An identical scenario played out against Texas. Hernandez was just as dominant -- minus the strikeouts -- and the Mariners again failed to provide their ace any runs. Hernandez was at 98 pitches beginning the ninth. He finished with six strikeouts, four hits allowed and one run. It was an improvement over his last start against Texas when he gave up three runs in six innings. "Big deal. It was still a lousy game," Hernandez said. NOTES: Seattle OF/DH Corey Hart (hamstring) hit on the field before the game for the first time since being injured on May 18. ... Rangers RHP Derek Holland (knee surgery) threw live batting practice on Friday. Hes scheduled to throw another live BP session on Wednesday. ... Texas LHP Joe Saunders will make his fifth start on Saturday. He pitched last season for Seattle, going 11-16 in 32 starts. Mike Evans Youth Jersey . James Harden wasnt worried and told his coach as much. "He was fired up but I told him: Its OK. Were going to be all right," Harden said. And they were. Houston scored 17 straight points after that timeout, led by 10 from Harden, to take the lead and roll to an easy 129-106 win. Devin White Jersey . Henry, who missed three games with a knee injury, was charged with a handball in the penalty area in the 82nd minute as he went to block a strike from Patrick Mullins. On the ensuing penalty kick, Lee Nguyen picked up his fourth goal of the season, giving the Revolution a 2-1 win Saturday afternoon. http://www.authenticbuccaneerspro.com/Warren-sapp-buccaneers-jersey/ . The 23-year-old McNabb was an All-Star with the American Hockey Leagues Rochester Americans this season, posting seven goals and 22 assists in 38 games. In 12 games with the Sabres this season, McNabb has accumulated six penalty minutes and a plus-1 rating. He has scored one goal and seven assists in 37 career games with the Sabres, who originally selected him in the third round (66th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. Warren Sapp Womens Jersey . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. Mike Alstott Buccaneers Jersey . “The fact that he was willing to do the deal the way we wanted it to be done showed that he wanted me to be a part of something great," Lowry said, noting that Ujiri willingness to sign off on the proposal that both Lowry and his agent presented to the GM was the final straw that convinced him to return.Marcus Stroman tries to win his fourth consecutive decision today when the Toronto Blue Jays close out a three-game series with the Minnesota Twins at Rogers Centre. Stroman, the Jays first round pick in 2012, is also trying to become Torontos first rookie to win his first three starts since Mauro Gozzo in 1989. He was terrific on Friday versus St. Louis, as he gave up a run and seven hits in six innings to run his record to 4-0, while, lowering his ERA to 5.40. Hes won both of his starts and has surrendered just two runs in 12 outings of those contests. "Its been special," said Stroman. "Its just awesome to put my team in a position to win the two times I have been out there." Minnesota will have an equally impressive right-hander on the hill in Phil Hughes, who lost for the first time in nine starts his last time out. Hughes was defeated by Houston on Friday, as he yielded five runs and six hits in six innings, dropping him to 6-2 on the year to go along with a 3.46 ERA. "I just wasnt making adjustments the way I have before," Hughes . "I didnt recognize it early enough to make some better pitches with the two-seamer or the cutter. I tried to generate some extra velocity and came out of my mechanics a little bit and just left some balls over the plate." Hughes may continue to struggle on Wednesday, as he is a mere 1--4 with a 7.dddddddddddd39 ERA in his last seven starts north of the border. Torontos high-powered offense was blanked for the third time in four games on Tuesday, as Kevin Correia spun six-plus strong innings in Minnesotas 4-0 win. Correia (3-7) gave up six hits and a walk with one strikeout, while Brian Duensing, Jared Burton and Glen Perkins each tossed a scoreless frame to polish off the shutout for the Twins, who won for only the second time in six tries. "I think once he got going he got his confidence," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said of Correia. "Great performance by him." Brian Dozier hit a two-run home run while Danny Santana had two hits, drove in one and scored once in the win. J.A. Happ (5-3) was tagged for four runs -- three earned -- on six hits in just 3 2/3 innings for the Blue Jays, who have lost three of their last four. "I felt like I was locating for the most part. It doesnt really matter ... all that matters is the results," Happ said. The Blue Jays, who had been shut out only once before this stretch, is hitting just .186 over its last four games. "You never see that coming," manager John Gibbons said. "Naturally, as hot as we were, you figure youre going to cool off a little bit." Minnesota won two of three when these teams squared off in April. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz