Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

09.08.2019 07:46
Plate or the Prince of Wales Stakes, so he Antworten

TORONTO -- Amis Holiday couldnt find a clear path to the winners circle in the Queens Plate or the Prince of Wales Stakes, so he got another chance in the Breeders Stakes. Under a clean ride from jockey Luis Contreras on Sunday afternoon, Amis Holiday cruised by horses on the outside to win the $500,000 final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown. Second to Lexie Lou in the Queens Plate on polytrack and third to Coltimus Prime in the Prince of Wales on dirt, Amis Holiday validated trainer Josie Carrolls confidence by winning on the turf course at Woodbine Race Track. "I think it says a lot about this horse," Carroll said. "Not many horses can do all three and do them well, so I just think we have an exceptional horse." Amis Holiday, who beat long shot Interpol by three-quarters of a length, was the only horse to run all three legs of the Canadian Triple Crown. The morning-line favourite who went off as the second choice at odds of 2-to-1 showed no fatigue from his third race in seven weeks and looked to be on top of his game at 1 1/2-mile. After the Prince of Wales last month, Carroll had some reservations about bringing Amis Holiday back for the 124th running of the Breeders Stakes. He had never run on turf before, but she told owner Ivan Dalos it was worth seeing what Amis Holiday had to offer. "When I put him on the course he just lit it up. I said, Boy, weve got to take a serious look," Carroll said. "The last three days hes been wanting to eat meat. Hes been really serious. Here we are and he got it done." Amis Holiday got it done in 2:30.12, paying 6.70 to win, 3.80 to place and 2.80 to show. He impressed Carroll by saving some acceleration for the finish and galloping out strong. With Big Red Bugsy setting the pace as the early leader, Contreras kept Amis Holiday in stalking position "sitting behind the speed" but not too far back in the pack. "I wanted to keep him with the other horses, keep him busy," Contreras said. "I know my horse is very brave, hes been in trouble before. He was going great." Carroll told Contreras that "trouble always seems to find this horse and instructed him to use the big, wide turf course at Woodbine. The 28-year-old who won the 2011 Breeders Stakes aboard Pender Harbour did just that. "It was really well done on Luiss part," Carroll said. "I think because we run so few mile and a half races in North America, the jockeys dont ride as many and sometimes they think they have to take back, have to take back and when everybodys taking back youve got no pace in front and you cant close. "And I think he just really read this race well at every stage." Rolling along the outside down the stretch, Amis Holiday passed final-turn leader Squeeze the King and Interpol to hit the wire first. It was the horses "tremendous kick at the end" that Contreras said made it happen. Eurico Rosa da Silva, who rode Up With the Birds to last years Breeders Stakes title, thought he had a winning trip with Squeeze the King, who finished third. "When we got to the stretch, the pace was very slow, so I thought Im going to kick it in here because I had so much horse and I thought I was going to get the money," da Silva said. "But he ran a great race." Bangkok was fourth. Unikat, the post-time favourite at 2-to-1, finished last in the 12-horse field. Interpols jockey, Jesse Campbell, was thrilled the 18-to-1 shot made such a huge run to get up for second. "He was getting tired in the end, but he kept hanging in there," Campbell said. "He ran so hard. You have to be proud of him. The best horse won the race. Im tickled to run second." Carroll was glad to run second to Lexie Lou in the Queens Plate on July 6, even if a better trip mightve landed Amis Holiday in first with a legitimate shot at the first Canadian Triple Crown since Wando in 2003. "Its really tough to second guess a trip in the Queens Plate," Carroll said. "You cant take anything away from the filly that won that race. At the end of the day, she ran her race, she won it, she gets all the credit and we did it today." Yeezy Boost 500 NZ . Despite 11-1 records, theyre out and Big Ten winner Ohio State is into the national semifinals. Yeezy Boost 750 NZ . The 31-year-old Russian dominated the No. 3-ranked Ferrer throughout, breaking the defending champion and local favourite four times on the indoor hard court. http://www.yeezyshoesnz.com/ . Its great to be back for another season in Banditland, and Im looking forward to another competitive season with my teammates, said Tavares. Yeezy 700 NZ . It will then be back to business once the puck drops as the two clubs battle for key points in their respective playoff races. Watch the game live on TSN Canadiens and listen on TSN Radio 690 starting at 7:30pm et. NMD_R1 Shoes NZ . Groves signed with Cleveland as an unrestricted free agent last year after a season with Arizona. He was in the linebacker rotation and had a sack in the season opener against Miami. BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. -- Juan Luis Anangono headed in the tying goal from a difficult angle in the 86th minute to lift the Chicago Fire into their fourth straight draw, a 2-2 tie with the Philadelphia Union on Saturday. Anangono ran down the right endline and headed Mike Magees 42-yard free kick past Philadelphia goalkeeper Zac MacMath. The Fire are winless in five matches (0-1-4), while Philadelphia (1-1-3) collected its second tie in a row. Chicago was awarded a penalty kick just before the 5 minutes of stoppage time elapsed, but MacMath stopped Magee, the 2013 league MVP, on the original kick and a close-in rebound to preserve the deadlock. Philadelphia scored twice in a seven-minute span to erase Chicagos early lead. Midfielder Maurice Edu connected from 6 yards out in the 32nd minute after Bakary Soumaare froze, believing the Union had been called for a hand ball after Vincent Nogueiras shot was blocked by the Fires Jhon Hurtado.dddddddddddd Edu stepped up and beat goaltender Sean Johnson from the edge of the 6-yard box for his first goal in MLS play. The 27-year-old Californian had played in Europe the last four seasons. The Union took the lead on Leo Fernandes 30-yard free kick in the 39th minute. His shot from the right side of the field cleared a crowd of players and bounced in front of Johnson, who misplayed the shot, handing Fernandes his second goal of the season. The Fire opened the scoring on Magees first goal of the season in the 16th minute. Quincy Amarikwa stole the ball from Philadelphia defender Amobi Okugo, ran to the left corner and fed Magee, who was open 4 yards out. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz