Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

30.07.2019 04:51
23 shots and the Phoenix Coyotes got bac Antworten

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Antoine Vermette scored late in the first period, Mike Smith stopped 23 shots and the Phoenix Coyotes got back to their defensive ways in a 1-0 win over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night. After some shaky performances coming out of the Olympic break, the Coyotes had a strong night in their own end, blocking shots and limiting scoring opportunities. Phoenix held Vancouver to 12 shots until midway through the third period. Smith made some tough saves down the stretch for his third shutout of the season and 27th in his career, helping Phoenix move ahead of Vancouver to tie Winnipeg for ninth in the Western Conference. Eddie Lack kept Vancouver in it with 31 saves, but the Canucks were unable get much going offensively to lose for the ninth time in 10 games. Both teams needed a jump-start after slipping down the Western Conference pecking order. Vancouver lost seven straight games before the Olympic break and followed a victory over St. Louis by losing to Minnesota, then Ottawa. Adding to the Canucks problems, Daniel Sedin, tied for the team lead in points, suffered a lower-body injury against the Senators and was out against the Coyotes. The team also dealt veteran goalie Robert Luongo to Florida earlier Tuesday. Phoenix has been inconsistent since starting the season strong, following wins against some of the NHLs best teams with losses against some of the worst. Despite saying they needed to play with urgency, the Coyotes have laboured since the Olympic break ended, earning one point in three games. Phoenix has had trouble holding leads, coughing it up five times in the past 11 games, including Sundays 4-2 loss to the Blues, when they gave up four goals in the third period. Vancouver had a similar problem against the Senators, allowing four straight goals after going up 2-0. The Coyotes and Canucks played with a testiness expected between two teams scrapping for a playoff spot, with plenty of hitting, pushing and shoving throughout the first period. Phoenix had good pressure in the period and broke through late when Vermette fought off two Canucks and took a couple of swipes before knocking in a rebound for his 22nd of the season. The Coyotes kept up the pressure in the second period, but Lack was sharp, making some tough saves, particularly during an early Phoenix flurry. Vancouver couldnt find any holes in Phoenixs defence, though, going 13 minutes spanning the second and third periods without a shot on goal. The Coyotes thought they had a 2-0 lead when Mikkel Boedker scored midway through the third period. But it was waved off because Vermette, who was being held down by two Canucks players, was in the crease. It didnt matter the way they were playing defence and Smith was seeing pucks in his crease. Notes: A moment of silence was held before the game for two Phoenix police officers, including one who died, during a shootout on Monday. ... The Coyotes added what they hope will be a valuable scorer, acquiring Martin Erat and John Mitchell from the Capitals for forward Chris Brown, defenceman Rostislav Klesla and a fourth-round selection in the 2015 draft. ... Coyotes C Martin Hanzal did not play due to a lower-body injury. ... Vermette has scored 11 of his 22 goals this season against Canadian opponents. ... Vancouver plays at Dallas on Thursday in another game against a team fighting for one of the Wests last playoff spots. Bruce Smith Bills Jersey . Lynn was tied for 16th entering the fourth round, six shots behind leader Paul Waring. He started with two birdies and added three more on his last five holes at the Oceanico Victoria course for an 18-under total of 266. Josh Allen Youth Jersey . Saskatchewans Darian Durant is expected to miss the rest of the Roughriders season with a torn tendon in his right elbow. The 32-year-old, who will undergo surgery in the next couple days to repair the injury, was added to the teams six-game injury list Tuesday. http://www.authenticbillsfanaticfootball.com/authentic-zay-jones-bills-jersey/ . The 24-year-old right winger has one assist in nine games this season with the Sabres. In his career, he has three goals and six assists in 43 NHL games. Andre Reed Jersey . In a matter of days, he went from unwanted to wanted, from fired to hired, from discarded by the Philadelphia Eagles with reputation tarnished to rock star treatment and a new fat contract from the Washington Redskins. Jim Kelly Womens Jersey . Peter Dawson took his long before he started the job. "I was playing an American one year at Oxford Golf Club, and he introduced me to this travelling mulligan," Dawson said.CLEVELAND -- Jason Giambis 19th season didnt go as planned. Hes not sure there will be a 20th. As the Indians closed 2014 short of the playoffs, Giambi said Sunday he hasnt decided whether hell try to extend a major league playing career that began with Oakland in 1995. Ive been playing this game since I was five years old, the 43-year-old said before the Indians finished a three-game series with Tampa Bay. Thats your whole life. If you look at it, its 40 years of doing the same thing. Its been unbelievable. Its been fun. But, I still havent made a decision about what Im going to do yet. Who knows? Maybe somebodys looking for a broken down 44-year-old to kind of take a few extra hacks. Giambi didnt contribute much on the field this season. He broke a rib during spring training and began the year on the disabled list. He was also on the DL with a strained calf and sore left knee. Entering Sundays game, he was batting just .133 with two homers and five RBIs in 60 at-bats. However, Giambis influence off the field couldnt be quantified. The Indians re-signed him to a minor league contract after last season, knowing he would be a positive influence on young players throughout their organization. Giambi did just that as a role model, mentor and leader. He also graciously gave up his NNo.dddddddddddd. 25 to Jim Thome, when the former Indians slugger wanted to retire with Cleveland. Giambi went to back No. 72, the number he wore when he first went to camp with the Athletics. Indians manager Terry Francona said everyone -- players, coaches and even a manager who has won two World Series titles -- learned from Giambi. This guy brings so much and hes so special to be around that you savour it and take what you can because he has a lot of offer, Francona said. With 440 career homers, Giambi is 41st on the career list. Hes not sure if that number will grow, and doesnt know what uniform hell wear next -- or if hell put one on at all. He was a finalist for Colorados managerial job in 2012 and Francona knows Giambi is going to do whatever he wants to do. For now, Giambi is only making one off-season commitment. Ill go home and enjoy my family, he said. Thats the biggest thing Ive got on my plate right now, just go home and enjoy every minute of that. And then Ill worry about what the universe has got in store for me next. I have not made one decision. Theres some teams Im sure that have kind of been asking my agent what Im going to do, but I dont even want to know who it is. I dont care right now. I just want to go home and enjoy my kids and have fun. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz