Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

30.07.2019 04:13
Jays second pick in the first round (11th overa Antworten

TORONTO - Forgive Max Pentecost if his attentions divided this weekend. The Blue Jays second pick in the first round (11th overall) is competing in this weekends NCAA super regional for his school, Kennesaw State, against the Louisville Cardinals. All the while, he could be days or weeks away from signing a multi-million dollar contract to turn professional and enter Torontos organization. Pentecosts Owls were down a game in a best-of-three heading into action on Saturday night. Hes got business to take care of first but with a draft slot value at just under $2.9-million, the potential is there to strike it rich. Still, when you hear him speak in his southern drawl, its a reminder that the 21-year-old, like everyone his age, is in many ways still a kid. "I cant wait to get out there and go play," said Pentecost. "Theres going to be one day where Im going to have to clean out my locker and putter around home just because my parents had to move me out of my apartment while we were coming to the super regionals." Selected in the seventh round of the 2011 draft by the Texas Rangers, Pentecost chose not to sign when the Rangers included a 90-day clause in the contract offer, a shield against a recurring injury he suffered in high school. In Pentecosts sophomore year at Winder-Barrow High School near Atlanta, he suffered a stress fracture of his olecranon, which is the bony point of the elbow. He was prescribed rest and rehabilitation. It didnt work and the injury recurred during his junior year. Another season of rest and rehab didnt work and Pentecost suffered the injury a third time in his senior year. He had surgery, two screws were implanted, and there hasnt been an issue since. "I looked at it as I can go to college, work on a degree and if anything I can show them I can play three or four years without the injury recurring," said Pentecost. "I can play healthy and thankfully I was blessed enough to have a good career and improve my stock." His faith in himself has been rewarded. Pentecost has improved as a hitter in each of his three years at Kennesaw State, working a slash line of .423/.483/.631 this season. "I feel that Im more of a hit for average, Im more of a gap to gap, line drive kind of guy," said Pentecost. "I have power but Im not known as a power hitter. You know, it just kind of happens. I feel like I have pretty decent speed for baserunning, for stealing bags. I usually have a pretty good approach, hit offspeed well."Growing up in Georgia, Pentecost admitted he doesnt know much about the city of Toronto. He joked about his time in the Cape Cod League, the collegiate summer circuit in Massachusetts, where he picked up French-language radio stations beaming out of Quebec. It was his time in "The Cape," as its known, when he hit .346/.424/.538 with seven home runs for the Bourne Braves, that Pentecost feels he made his name. "I think thats the only reason I am where I am today," said Pentecost. "Going up there, nobody really knew who I was or had never even heard of Kennesaw State. So going up there I felt like I was really going to have to prove myself and prove my game just to prove who I am. I made a lot of changes to my game, really played hard, enjoyed it. The overall experience was, I mean, it was just a blast." Pentecost cites Jason Kendall and, more recently, Buster Posey as players hes looked up to. He considers himself a versatile athlete; if the catching thing doesnt work out, he could play a corner infield position or in the outfield. First things first, Pentecosts got a game to win on Saturday night. Hell worry about becoming a millionaire later, although getting the draft out of the way will help him relax. "Its a huge weight off my shoulders," he said. SANTOS UPDATE Sergio Santos will throw a bullpen session in Toronto on Sunday. If all goes well, hell report to Single-A Dunedin on Monday. The plan, Santos says, is to throw an inning each on Tuesday and Thursday. Hes hopeful of being activated off the disabled list late next week and of meeting the team in Baltimore. Joe Flacco Youth Jersey . Hicham Khalouas late goal improved Almerias chances of avoiding relegation in a match dominated by contentious calls, including three penalties. One day after Barcelonas 4-3 win at Real Madrid featured three penalties, referees again dominated a wide-open game that saw Almeria ultimately move out of the relegation zone and one point ahead of Getafe which took its place. Shannon Sharpe Jersey . Raonic, the mens No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., needed more than three hours to overcome Frenchman Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 and become the first Canadian man into the fourth round at Roland Garros. http://www.thebroncosstoreonline.com/Youth-Von-Miller-Broncos-Jerseys/ . The Swiss won on the fastest run-time tiebreaker after the four-racer teams tied 2-2. Wendy Holdener and Reto Schmidiger won their final heats against Julia Mancuso and Tim Jitloff, respectively. Karl Mecklenburg Jersey . Fellow Argentina forward Gonzalo Higuain also had a brace for Napoli. And Samuel Etoo scored for his fourth different team. On a night of standout individual performances Wednesday, Schalke goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand had a game hell want to forget. Dre Mont Jones Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks will try to win two straight games for the first time since mid-January on Monday night as they play host to the struggling New York Islanders. PHOENIX -- Rookie Tyler Matzek has been good lately. On Saturday night, he was at his best yet. The 23-year-old left-hander gave up three hits in seven innings, Matt McBride and Charlie Blackmon homered and the Colorado Rockies handed Arizonas Vidal Nuno another hard-luck loss with a 2-0 victory over the Diamondbacks on Saturday night. Maztek (4-9) struck out four and walked three. The win came on the heels of a strong seven innings in a 3-2 victory over San Francisco on Monday. "Hes been close to dominant the last couple of times out," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "Its good to see. Its good to see a kid developing as we speak. Hes getting better and better. Its real encouraging what we see from Tyler." The Rockies had lost four in a row since then. Nuno (2-9) allowed a run on two hits, fanned seven and walked none. After McBrides second-inning home run, Nuno retired the next 20 before leaving after eight innings, trailing 1-0. "I dont know what more he can do," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "He gave up a home run and retired 20 in a row. He didnt walk anybody. He struck out seven guys. It is a shame." Nuno is 0-4 in 10 starts since coming to Arizona in the trade that sent Brandon McCarthy to the New York Yankees. In seven of those starts, hes allowed two or fewer runs. "Theres no frustration," he said. "You got to love this game and just go out there and try your best. " Blackmon homered off reliever Matt Stites in the ninth. LaTroy Hawkins walked a batter and gave up a single in the ninth before striking out Didi Gregorius for his 22nd save in 23 tries. Matzek, making his 15th start since being called up from Triple-A Colorado Springs in early June, held an opponent scoreless for the second time. The three hits allowed matched the fewest of his young career. He said hes relying more on his slider, and hes pitching better since as he edged his delivery point to the right of the pitchers rubber. "Im slowly moving over there," he said. "And I feel like Im getting some good angle and good swing and misses on fastballs inside." Matzek said Nunoss performance kept him on his toes.dddddddddddd "When you know the other guys doing good you definitely stay more focused," Matzek said. "You cant get distracted. Seeing him doing what hes doing out there definitely helps me to remind me this is what I need to do to get the win." Four relievers completed the shutout. Arizona threatened against Colorados bullpen in the eighth, getting runners at first and second with one out. But David Peralta struck out and Mark Trumbo bounced to third, where Nolan Arenado barehanded the ball and threw to first. "The play was huge," Weiss said. "I told him that was a money play right there, the game on the line." MEMORIES The Diamondbacks wore throwback uniforms, wearing white with purple lettering. After the game, there was an alumni contest that included six members of Arizonas 2001 World Series championship team. Fans got a bobblehead of Bob Brenly, manager of that team. GREAT CATCH Arizona shortstop Cliff Pennington made a lunging catch of Drew Stubbs pop-up in short left, tumbling over left fielder Nolan Reimould but holding on to the ball. BLACKMONS RBIs With one on Friday night, Blackmon has 60 RBIs from the leadoff spot in the lineup, most in the majors. All of his 16 homers have come in the leadoff position. TRAINERS ROOM Rockies: Reliever Christian Freidrich and C Jackson William were called up from Triple-A Colorado Springs this week when LHP Boone Logan (left elbow inflamation) and C Willin Rosario (left wrist inflammation) went on the 15-day DL. Diamondbacks: RHP Daniel Hudson, recovering from two Tommy John surgery, pitched a scoreless inning with one strikeout from Triple-A Reno on Friday night. He is expected to join the major league club for the first time in two years, probably on Monday when the rosters expand. ON DECK Rockies: In the series finale on Sunday, LHP Jose De La Rosa (13-9, 4.19 ERA) goes for his first win in the desert, where he is 0-6 with a 4.15 ERA in eight starts. Diamondbacks: RH rookie Chase Anderson (7-6, 3.90) takes the mound for Arizona Sunday. He is 2-0 with a 1.50 ERA in two starts against Colorado. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz