Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

24.07.2019 09:21
while leading an LPGA Tour major and it felt oh-so-g Antworten

PITTSFORD, N.Y. - Brittany Lincicome beamed. She had fought off the jitters while leading an LPGA Tour major and it felt oh-so-good. Lincicome, who hadnt held a second-round lead since 2009 and never in a major, shot a 1-under 71 on Saturday at the LPGA Championship to finish the third round at 10-under 206. That was one shot better than Suzann Pettersen (67) of Norway and defending champion Inbee Park (69) of South Korea as the fourth major championship of the season heads to the final round. "Nervous is probably an understatement. My stomach was in knots," Lincicome said. "When it came time to eat lunch, it just wasnt happening because I havent been in this position in a while. Hopefully, going into tomorrow its out of my system." Mirim Lee of South Korea was alone in fourth at 7 under after a 69, while 17-year-old Lydia Ko (71) of New Zealand was another shot back along with South Koreas Meena Lee (71) and Gerina Piller (69). The long-hitting Lincicome began the day at Monroe Golf Club with a three-shot advantage over Park and Lexi Thompson, who finished with a 74 and was at 4 under. Lincicome won the 2009 Kraft Nabisco for her lone major title and has five LPGA Tour victories. The United States is seeking to win its fourth straight major. Lincicome is 11 under on the generous par-5s at Monroe Golf Club, a distinct advantage over most of her challengers and surely the reason Park wasnt looking down from the top of the leaderboard. "I hate talking about it. I feel like Im going to jinx myself," Lincicome said. "If I can hit it on the fairway, get it on the green and two-putt, its stress-free. I feel like my tempo the last couple of days has been really, really good. Were going to be more aggressive (Sunday)." Lincicome birdied all four par 5s on the opening round and added two more to go with an eagle on Friday. "This golf course is not exactly for short hitters," said Park, who won three majors last year. "She was probably 50 yards ahead of me. I havent really played that well on the par-5s. I only made one today, none the first day. Thats a big difference. If I had made a couple Id be up. It feels like a little bit of a disadvantage. Its an easy birdie for her." Pettersen has five top-5s in her last eight majors, including a victory last year in the Evian Championship, and she continued her solid play when it matters most, reeling off four birdies on the back nine. "I seem to like the back nine. I like what I see," Pettersen said. "I managed to make a move. Its nice to make a charge. I actually could have had a couple more." Pettersen birdied Nos. 10 and 11 and had a chance to forge a tie at the par-5 14th hole, but her eagle try slid just past the cup and she settled for a birdie that moved her into a tie with Park at 8 under. Moments later, Lincicome recovered from an errant second shot that landed in the rough on the par-5 12th hole, pitching to 5 feet and making birdie to regain a two-shot lead. Pettersen continued her rush, nearly holing a fairway shot at No. 15 and reached 9 under with a tap-in birdie. When Lincicome lipped her par putt at No. 13, the two were tied at 9 under. Lincicome regained the lead with a birdie at the par-5 14th hole and nearly made it a two-shot advantage, but her long birdie try at No. 15 stopped at the lip. The closing three holes at Monroe rank among the four most difficult on the course and Pettersen parred all three to keep the pressure on. Lincicome saved par at the par-3 16th hole after driving a fairway bunker. Her tough 12-foot par putt broke ever-so-slightly right to left and barely dropped in, eliciting a big smile from the American, who parred the final two holes to maintain her slim lead. Lincicome got some breathing room early when Thompson started badly. Thompson had a three-putt bogey at the opening hole, lipping out a short putt for par, and followed with another bogey at No. 2 to drop five shots behind. A gusting 25 mph wind strafed the course all day Friday, sending leaves and bits of bark onto some greens. There was only a slight breeze with a light rain on Saturday. Cheap Air Max 2018 China . -- Green Bay wide receiver Greg Jennings will be on the sideline as the Packers make their push for a perfect regular season. Blue Air Max 2018 . The English Football Association had charged the German right back with violent conduct after retrospectively reviewing video evidence of an incident that was missed by match officials at Craven Cottage on Saturday. http://www.cheapairmaxsaleonline.com/ . Rajon Rondo had 18 of Bostons season-high 38 assists and the Celtics committed just seven turnovers in a 118-111 win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Green Air Max 2018 .com) - The Eastern Conference-leading Toronto Raptors are back in the great white north for a brief moment and will host the Dallas Mavericks Friday night from Air Canada Centre. Cheap Air Max 2018 . Jeff Carter had two goals and an assist as the Kings stretched their streak to seven wins in a row with a 4-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday.NEW YORK -- NBA owners seem as committed as Commissioner Adam Silver to ending Donald Sterlings ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers. The leagues advisory/finance committee held its first meeting about Sterling on Thursday, two days after Silver said he would urge owners to force a sale of the team. The 10-member committee held a conference call to discuss "the process for termination of Donald T. Sterlings ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers," NBA executive vice-president Mike Bass said in a statement. "The committee unanimously agreed to move forward as expeditiously as possible and will reconvene next week." Silver banned Sterling for life and fined him $2.5 million Tuesday for making racist comments. Sterling can have no association with the league or the team, but Silver wants more. A forced sale would require approval by three-fourths of the leagues 30 owners. Silver said he was confident he would get the votes. Minnesota owner Glen Taylor chairs the committee that also includes Miamis Micky Arison, the Lakers Jeanie Buss, Oklahoma Citys Clay Bennett, New Yorks James Dolan, Bostons Wyc Grousbeck, San Antonios Peter Holt, Phoenixs Robert Sarver, Indianas Herb Simon, and Torontos Larry Tanenbaum. A number of big names have already expressed interest in buying that team that Sterling has owned since 1981, inclluding Oprah Winfrey and Floyd Mayweather Jr.dddddddddddd. First, owners must force Sterling to give it up -- which he may choose fight. According to the leagues constitution and bylaws, Silver or an owner would have to file a written charge against Sterling, who would have five days to respond. Silver would then call a hearing of the board of governors, which would vote after hearing the evidence against Sterling. Sacramento Kings owner Vivek Ranadive hopes it doesnt come to that. "I dont want to talk about kind of the legal side of it because I cant really comment on it, but my feeling is that I have faith in people," he said. "And I would hope that at some point Mr. Sterling would come to his senses and do the right thing. That he would apologize to Magic Johnson, that he would apologize to the fans, the league, the black community and he would do the right thing and he would accept what Commissioner Silver has suggested, he would put the team up for sale and perhaps even take a very small portion of the substantial profits and donate them to a good cause. "Its not going to be easy to own a team where the fans dont welcome you, where the sponsors shun you and where youre not welcomed by the other owners. And I think he can do the right thing and hopefully good sense will prevail at some point." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz