Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

13.06.2019 05:49
a spot in the Presidents Cup and is contending for th Antworten

Hes been second once and third twice on the PGA Tour this season, clinched a spot in the Presidents Cup and is contending for the FedEx Cup title and a cool five-figure bonus. But Graham DeLaet isnt actively looking to replace his idol as the new face of Canadian golf. "None of us is trying to be the next Mike Weir, thats for sure, because hes one of a kind," DeLaet said during a conference call Thursday. "He carried the flag for this country for a long time and did it well, not only just in golf but for sport in Canada in general. "Hes a tremendous ambassador for our country and the game and if I can be half the ambassador hes been Id be quite happy." Weir, of Brights Grove, Ont., is tied with the late George Knudson for most career PGA Tour wins by a Canadian with eight, but is the only Canuck to have won a major after his victory at the 2003 Masters. The veteran left-hander turned pro in 1992 and is ranked No. 20 in career earnings with over $27 million. But the 43-year-olds last PGA Tour win came in 2007 and he didnt make the cut in the 14 events he entered last year. So far in 2013, Weir has made the cut in nine of 22 tournaments and earned $194,510. DeLaet, 31, who battled back problems early in his career, is enjoying a breakthrough campaign. The native of Weyburn, Sask., who turned pro in 2006, finished tied for second -- a career best -- at The Barclays and his third-place finish Monday in the Deutsche Bank Championship earned him a spot on the international team for next months Presidents Cup in Dublin, Ohio. It will mark DeLaets first appearance in the Presidents Cup, an event Weir has played in five times. The two spoke briefly about the tournament earlier this year, but DeLaet wants to speak with Weir again about what he can expect. "I was actually planning on giving him a call and just picking his brain a little bit," DeLaet said. "We played a practice round in Hartford this year and at that time I was on the outside looking in for the Presidents Cup ... but it was on my radar and something I wanted to achieve. "Pretty much everyone Ive talked to says its the most amazing tournament that youll play in, the atmosphere is unbelievable. I havent played a ton of match play and obviously he took down (Tiger Woods in 2007 Presidents Cup) so he knows something about it." The Presidents Cup pits a team representing the U.S. against an international squad in a match-play format. Each game is worth a point with a maximum of 34 available so the side amassing 17.5 or more points wins. The U.S. has dominated this event, winning seven of nine played since its inception in 1994. The International sides lone victory came in 1998, with the 2003 competition finishing tied. DeLaet doesnt have much match-play experience but is embracing the format. "I actually feel it suits my game pretty well," DeLaet said. "You can be a lot more aggressive when needed and also play smart when needed. "Its obviously a totally different game, youre playing more against your competitor than you are the golf course ... its exciting to think about right now. I cant wait to play it." Although hell be a Presidents Cup rookie, DeLaet is more than comfortable to take a leadership role on the International squad, if required. "Ive played team sports all my life ... I feel like Im a good leader," he said. "Obviously Im going to be a rookie on that team so I probably wont assume a leadership role by any means but I feel I can help guys out. "We all know whats at stake and you dont want to let guys down. But at the same time if you can pump a guy up when hes a little bit down on himself or disappointed in a shot and let him know its not a big deal, that we have a lot of golf to play and you believe in him, thats really the thing." DeLaet has made the cut in 19 of 24 events this year and posted 12 top-25 finishes. Hes currently ranked fifth in the FedEx Cup standings, 16th on the PGA Tour money list (over $2.6 million) and No. 35 in the world golf rankings. "I was speaking with one of my buddies (Wednesday) and he was going through some things like the world rankings, money list and FedEx Cup and guys Im ahead of," DeLaet said. "I kind of sat back and thought, Wow, this has just been an unbelievable year. "I feel like theres been a couple of chances Ive let slip away a little bit but its great being in contention. My time is coming, I totally believe in that." But the season could become even more memorable if DeLaet manages to finish atop the FedEx Cup standings, which would earn him a $10-million bonus cheque. Remaining No. 5 wouldnt be bad either, given the $1-million bonus. However, being in contention for the top prize means DeLaet can allow himself to realistically think big. "If I can stay in the top-5 going into the Tour Championship, I have a legitimate chance of winning," DeLaet said. "I think its a realistic goal, to win it." Wholeasale Eagles Jerseys . -- Once again, Carlos Santana was a huge hit in Kansas City. Clayton Thorson Jersey . -- The Windsor Spitfires were left with just one goaltender Tuesday after having their starter walk out on them midway through Game 3 of their Ontario Hockey League playoff matchup with the London Knights. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-miles-sanders-jersey . - The Jacksonville Jaguars are leaning more toward playing injured quarterback Blake Bortles against Tennessee on Thursday night. Chuck Bednarik Jersey . The group of Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Sergei Fedorov, & Slava Kozlov were a dominant force for The Wings at one point in the 90s. Tommy McDonald Jersey . Robert Griffin III, the No. 2 pick in the 2012 draft, set numerous rookie records and was picked AP Offensive Rookie of the Year for the Washington Redskins.Kyle Lowry scored 35 points as the Toronto Raptors came back to beat the Boston Celtics 110-107 at TD Gardens Wednesday night. DeMar DeRozan finished with 23 points while Patrick Patterson contributed 14 points in a spot start. Toronto went on 15-0 run late in the first half to pull them within three after being down by as many as 16.dddddddddddd Both Jonas Valanciunas (facial contusion/knuckle) and Amir Johnson (ankle) missed the game with injuries. Tyler Hansbrough and Patterson took their spots in the starting lineup. The Raptors are coming off a victory over a depleted Oklahoma City Thunder team last night at the Air Canada Centre. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz