Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 79 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

05.06.2019 02:41
Nobody to scream at. Just them at the apparatus Antworten

When a gymnast flies off a pommel, strains every sinew holding rings with out-stretched arms or somersaults over two bars nine feet off the ground, they are completely on their own. No team-mate to pass to. Nobody to scream at. Just them at the apparatus. Pan your eyes 20 feet sideways and you may see someone in a tracksuit, face racked with anxiety, hoping desperately their pupil delivers.Sam Oldham has had Sergey Sizhanov guiding him for 15 years. It is a relationship that glowed at London 2012, survived the torment of a career-threatening injury in 2014 and is now relighting Sams ambition after his Olympic disappointment.Sam describes his coach as a passionate perfectionist genius. What does the Russian think about the Sky Academy Sports Scholar?1. Describe Sam in three wordsFocused. Fighter. Friend 2. What are your early memories of Sam?It was my very first training session in Britain in 2001, Sam was 8 and was practising a handstand on the rings. I told him my name, gave him some coaching tips and the rest is history. Sam and Sergey have now both returned to Notts Gymnastics Academy 3. What were his strengths and weaknesses?He was always very respectful to the coaches and older gymnasts and did exactly what you told him. If you asked him to do 10 chin-ups hed always do 10 even if I didnt watch him. From the beginning, he worked hard and realised that was key to becoming a great gymnast.4. Describe his development from young gymnast to nowHe was always strong and powerful, but had to work hard on the technical apparatus, such as the pommel horse and high bar. Hard work came naturally to him and it was rare he would waste time during training. This work paid off and by the time he was 17 he was competitive alongside the GB seniors.After long sessions in the gym as a junior and growing rapidly between 16-18, he suffered many injuries which slowed his development, but at 21 he was in great shape and was reaching his potential as a senior gymnast. His injury at the Commonwealth Games was very serious and set him back mentally and of course physically.It was a long road to where he is now but hes completely back to full health and pushing towards his potential again. Sam broke his ankle at the 2014 Commonwealth Games 5. Describe your relationship with SamWeve been a team for 15 years. This is something that is very special and were not just gymnast and coach - we are great friends. 6. What makes a good coach?Being able to understand each athlete is very different. Seeing the bigger picture is really important and you need lots of patience. The athlete needs to respect you, believe in you and absolutely trust you.7. Any time for fun?Its mainly just work but as Sam has got older we spend more time together outside the gym. We go to the cinema or go for food. We also went to Tokyo last year thanks to the Sky Scholarships program and spent two weeks training and being tourists in what is currently the home of gymnastics!8. Any big memories stand out? Two days before the Youth Olympics when Sam was going in all of the disciplines in the all-around finals, he was very ill and could hardly train. When we got to the floor exercise, I told him to stop after his first warm-up tumble. He had no energy! On competition day, he felt better but started with a fall on his first apparatus.He fought back and was second heading into his last and best apparatus - high bar. He just needed to get through his routine and hed be second, possibly first! He missed one of his release-and-catch elements by millimetres and was fourth.We were gutted and it was a hard lesson for Sam. Two days later he became the first ever High Bar Youth Olympic Champion! Seeing him compete at London 2012 was amazing. We had worked our whole lives for that moment and to see the GB team win bronze for the first time in 100 years was something I will remember for the rest of my life. Sam Oldham opens up to SSNHQ about his Rio disappointment and bouncing back for Japan 2020 9. Why does your coaching work with Sam?When Sam was younger Id explain what to do and how to do it. Now hes older we have open conversations about what skills to learn or what he needs to do in training. 10. How hard has it been to support Sam during his recovery from injuries?Its always difficult when your gymnast or athlete is injured. But my main job was always to motivate him and keep him moving forward. He needed to see I was positive even if he was feeling very low. 11. How did you and Sam cope with not being selected for the Olympics?It was really tough - especially for Sam. We put so much time and hard work into giving him the best chance to be on the team.He competed incredibly well at the Olympic trials and was in peak condition. Sometimes in life, you dont get what you believe you deserve but I am very proud of how Sam competed and reacted to such a difficult point in his life. Sam is now fully focused on performing on the Olympic stage in Tokyo in 2020 12. You are at Notts Academy now with Sam - how is that?Its where our friendship began and I started teaching gymnastics to Sam. It feels almost perfect we will spend the final stage of his career where it all started.Its a fresh start for both of us and I am very excited to be back coaching in Nottingham and hopefully we can rebuild the mens program. Everyone at the club has been very welcoming and I feel very much part of a team again which is brilliant. 13. How are you and Sam working together to move on from Rio and to Tokyo 2020?We have already started building towards Sams ultimate goal which is the Tokyo Olympics. Now he is completely healthy we can push towards his potential once more which is very exciting.He comes in the gym everyday motivated which for me is the most important thing after the summer. Ive always told Sam that as long as he wants to continue in gymnastics I will stay by his side.We are a team! Our aims for next year are the European and World championships!WHATS COMING UP FOR OUR SCHOLARS....NOV 11-14: Elise Christie, World Cup, Salt Lake City, USANOV 12: Jessica Judd, Milton Keynes XC Also See: About the Scholarship Meet the athletes Blogs Videos Minnesota Vikings Jerseys Outlet . Ryan Getzlaf certainly got them started in the second. Getzlaf scored the first two goals in the second, and Teemu Selanne scored the go-ahead goal late in the period as the Anaheim Ducks beat the Nashville Predators 4-3 Thursday night. Authentic Minnesota Vikings Jerseys . -- Rookie Victor Oladipo came off the bench to score 20 points and Glen Davis had 18, leading the Orlando Magic to a 112-98 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. http://www.cheapvikings.com/ .com) - The Los Angeles Dodgers made it official Tuesday and signed pitcher Brandon McCarthy to a four-year contract. Stitched Minnesota Vikings Jerseys . The alley-oop looked easy -- just like everything else after halftime for the Miami Heat. James scored 32 points, Wade added 22 points and eight assists, and the Heat trailed by 11 early in the second half before running away to a 107-88 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Minnesota Vikings Jerseys China . Formula One Teams Association secretary general Oliver Weingarten says the organization collapsed over unpaid subscription fees and a failure to strike an agreement for 2014 with all 11 teams.BIRMINGHAM, England -- Roy Keane has been named an assistant manager at Aston Villa. Keane, who previously managed at Sunderland and Ipswich, will combine the role with his current position as assistant to Republic of Ireland coach Martin ONeill. Keane said Tuesday, "I am delighted to be joining Aston Villa and I look forward to what promises to be an exciting challenge. I am grateful to both Villa and the Foootball Association of Ireland for making this happen.dddddddddddd." The former Manchester United midfielder was linked to the vacant managerial position at Celtic, where he ended his playing career in 2006. Villa manager Paul Lambert says, "Roy has a great knowledge of football and hell be a great asset and a big help to everybody here. Im really looking forward to working with him." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz