Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

24.05.2019 02:45
with seven birdies in 12 holes and then hung on Antworten

SHANGHAI - Graeme McDowell likes a tough golf course, and Sheshan International was perfect for him Thursday. He opened with seven birdies in 12 holes and then hung on for a 5-under 67 that gave him a two-shot lead after one round of the HSBC Champions.In the 10th year of this tournament, the golf course was tougher than ever with ankle-deep rough and fairways that are not nearly as wide. That didnt seem to bother McDowell, who only once had to contend with the thick grass.A big key to this golf course is driving the ball well. I drove it very well today, McDowell said. And the greens are in fantastic shape, and I actually putted very well. Dropped a couple coming in, but all in all, very pleased with 5-under par on what I thought was a reasonably tricky day.Rickie Fowler also got off to a fast start before he settled down for a 69, joining a group that included U.S. Open champion Martin Kaymer, Brandt Snedeker, Tim Clark, Chris Kirk and Tommy Fleetwood.The wind was strong and out of the opposite direction, which added to the demanding conditions.Jordan Spieth began his new PGA Tour season with two straight bogeys and had to save par with a long bunker shot on his third hole. He scratched his way back and wound up in a large group at 70 that featured Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter, Adam Scott and Henrik Stenson.It didnt take much for players to get going in the wrong direction.FedEx Cup champion Billy Horschel made a pair of double bogeys, only one birdie and shot an 80.This is a top event — some of the best players in the world, probably the best field youre going to get in Asia, and you dont want it to be a pushover, Fowler said. You want a good, solid test. And its showing that.Only 27 players in the 78-man field broke par, compared with 37 players under par on the first day last year when the winning score was 24-under 264. McDowell said he wouldnt be surprised to see something about 12 under win, even if the wind relents.Some players like Fowler and Spieth had limited expectations having not played since the Ryder Cup. McDowell, meanwhile, has played twice since the Ryder Cup, including a tie for 16th a week ago at the BMW Masters.Even so, the strong start surprised him.He ran off four birdies in a five-hole stretch on the back nine, capping it off by driving the reachable 16th green and two-putting from 15 feet, and then holing a 45-foot birdie across the green on the par-3 17th. Two quick birdies after making the turn and he was at 7 under and on verge of running away from the field.But he made his first bogey on the par-3 fourth, which played into the wind. And on the one hole he tried to play it safe off the tee, it cost him. McDowell opted for 3-wood on the 603-yard eighth hole to keep it short of the bunker. He wound up in grass so thick he could only hit 8-iron for his second shot, and then he still had 215 yards left for his third. He pulled a 4-iron into the rough and failed to get up-and-down.I didnt need a leaderboard to let me know that 7 under through 12 is fairly strong, McDowell said. There were some tricky holes on the front nine. I made a couple of putts I should have in the first 12 holes, and then I made a couple of bogeys that I shouldnt have coming in. All in all, I think 5 under was a fair representation of my round.Snedeker also did a good job keeping the ball in play. He had high expectations for the week, even though he might get the prize for having travelled the longest — or at least the most — to get to Shanghai.His plan was to play Japan, Malaysia and China. But he withdrew from the Bridgestone Open when he felt something wrong with his stomach, flew home to Tennessee during the week of Malaysia to get it checked out, then flew back to Asia for the final World Golf Championship of the year.At least for one day, it was worth the trip.DIVOTS: Graham DeLaet had to withdraw after a 45 on nine holes because of a neck injury. The Canadian also withdrew from Malaysia last week with a sore neck. ... Kevin Stadler withdrew after two holes with a wrist injury. ... Jason Dufner had one moment when his body was in China and his head was still in Malaysia. Players were allowed to lift, clean and place their balls last week in soggy Malaysia. Dufner instinctively picked up his ball in the 18th fairway, a one-shot penalty. He had a 72. Just one of those things, Dufner said with a shrug. Minnesota Wild Jerseys . Dallas also Monday recalled defenceman Aaron Rome from his conditioning assignment with the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League and assigned goaltender Jack Campbell to the AHL squad. Luke Kunin Jersey . Pikul Khueanpet scored early in the second half and Kanjana Sungngoen made it 2-0 in the 65th minute of the playoff. Tuyet Dong narrowed the margin with goal four minutes from time. The win gave Thailand fifth place at the Asian Cup and the last of the continents qualifying spots for the 2015 Womens World Cup in Canada. http://www.authenticwildpro.com/Devan-dubnyk-wild-jersey/ . - A week after a late-game debacle on defence, the Pittsburgh Steelers showed they can finish. Ryan Suter Jersey . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. Jason Zucker Jersey . If Vettel wins at Suzuka on Sunday, and his nearest rival Fernando Alonso finishes worse than eighth, the German driver will join his compatriot Michael Schumacher and Argentine Juan-Manuel Fangio as the only men to win four consecutive titles.Norman, OK (SportsNetwork.com) - Buddy Hield turned in a game-high 17 points as No. 18 Oklahoma claimed a 61-43 win over George Mason at Noble Center. Isaiah Cousins netted 11 with six rebounds for the Sooners (9-3), while Jordan Woodard added seven points and eight boards. Shevon Thompson totaled nine points and 11 rebounds for the Patriots (5-7). Isaiah Jackson picked up nine points while Jalen Jenkins had eight points and seven rebounds in a losing cause. The Patriots led 9-6 with 5 1/2 minutes played, but Oklahoma reeled off seven in a row ending on a Cousins free throw. A Dinjiyl Walker bucket pushed the lead to 20-11, then a triple by Cousins made it 25-15 with less than five minutes to play in the opening half. Hields shot from long distance proved to be the hosts largest margin of the first 20 minutes, at 37-19 with 1:32 left and the Sooners took a 37-23 lead to the break.dddddddddddd. Vaughn Grays bucket pulled the Patriots within 43-31 just after the four- minute mark of the second half, which was the last time the visitors trailed by as few. The lead stood at 49-31 with 13:49 to play after Khadeem Lattin split a pair from the line and the hosts maintained that distance until the buzzer. Game Notes Oklahoma begins Big 12 action by hosting Baylor on Saturday ... George Mason failed to convert any of its 14 three-point attempts and shot 29.5 percent (18-of-61) overall. Stitched College Jerseys Cheap UCLA Jerseys NCAA Louisville Cardinals Jerseys North Carolina Jerseys Stitched Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys Stitched Alabama Crimson Tide Jerseys Cheap Basketball Wisconsin Badgers Jerseys Authentic NCAA Jerseys Store Wholesale Basketball NCAA Jerseys Cheap Duke Gear Stitched Alabama Jerseys Stitched Georgia Jerseys Cheap Clemson Jerseys Authentic Authentic Texas Jerseys Wholesale USC Jerseys Stitched Oklahoma Jerseys Stitched Ohio State Jerseys Cheap Notre Dame Gear UCLA Jerseys From China Cheap Louisville Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap North Carolina Jerseys Authentic Cheap Kentucky Jerseys Authentic Wisconsin Jerseys From China Cheap Michigan Gear Cheap Florida Gear Wholesale Arizona State Jerseys Cheap LSU Gear Cheap Auburn Gear Cheap California Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Miami Jerseys Authentic Cheap Michigan State Gear Cheap Tennessee Jerseys Authentic Texas A&M Jerseys From China Authentic Wake Forest Jerseys West Virginia Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz