Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 143 mal aufgerufen
 Technik
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

22.05.2019 03:09
winner agreed Friday to the richest contract in American Antworten

LAKELAND, Fla. -- This is one number put up by Miguel Cabrera that is not subject to debate. The Triple Crown winner agreed Friday to the richest contract in American sports, a $292 million, 10-year deal with the Detroit Tigers. "I want to finish my career here. I have worked hard to get better, and Detroit is like a house for me," Cabrera said. Cabrera has won the last two AL MVP awards, both times beating out Angels phenom Mike Trout in votes that set off heated disputes in the baseball world. Those in Cabreras corner claimed his fearsome hitting stats and triple-digit RBIs were worthy. Those touting Trout argued he was a better all-around player and pointed to the value of his WAR, sabermetric for wins above replacement. Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski and manager Brad Ausmus stood by Cabrera, flanking him for the announcement at the Tigers spring training complex. "Hes on track to be one of the greatest players in the history of baseball," Dombrowski said. "Hes done a lot for the team and a lot for Detroit." Cabrera was due $44 million over the final two years of his $152.3 million, eight-year contract. The new agreement incorporates that money and adds $248 million over the following eight years. Cabrera turns 31 next month and has helped the Tigers win three straight AL Central championships. A slugger with power to all fields and still very much in his prime, he is among seven players to hit at least .320 with 365 homers and 1,260 RBIs, joining Babe Ruth, Jimmie Foxx, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Albert Pujols and Stan Musial, according to STATS. "Good for him," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. "He plays in another stratosphere." The deal came shortly before opening day in Detroit, on Monday against Kansas City at Comerica Park, and soon after Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer turned down the teams long-term contract proposal. The Tigers are again among the favourites to go far this season. Cabrera won a World Series ring with the Marlins as a 20-year-old rookie and is trying to bring a title to Motown for the first time in three decades. Cabrera will make $43,195 per plate appearance under the deal, based on his yearly average of 676 plate appearances during six seasons with the Tigers. Thats higher than the average U.S. yearly wage of $42,498 in 2012, according to the Social Security Administration. The contract also includes $30 million options for 2024 and 2025 that would become guaranteed if Cabrera finishes among the top 10 in MVP voting in the previous season. Cabreras new deal will raise his career MLB earnings to $413.2 million, including the $1.8 million signing bonus he got as a 16-year-old with Florida in 1999 when Dombrowski oversaw the move by the Marlins. Cabrera was acquired by Detroit in a December 2007 trade. An eight-time All-Star, Cabrera has a .321 career average with 365 homers and 1,260 RBIs. He played 148 games last year despite a sore back and left hip flexor, a strained lower abdomen, shin trouble and a groin tear that hampered him in the post-season and led to off-season surgery. His body might get more of a break this season. Hes moving across the diamond, shifting from third base back to his previous position at first base after Prince Fielder was traded to Texas. Cabrera takes over baseballs highest-paying contract from Alex Rodriguez, who agreed to a $252 million, 10-year deal with Texas that started in 2001, was traded to the Yankees after three seasons and then signed a $275 million, 10-year deal with New York in December 2006. Cabreras average of $29.2 million is second only to the $30,714,286 that Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw averages under the $215 million, seven-year deal he agreed to in January. A steady presence in the lineup -- Cabrera has played 157 or more games in eight of the last 10 seasons -- he hit .348 with 44 homers and 137 RBIs last season to win his second straight MVP award. In 2012, Cabrera put together baseballs first Triple Crown since 1967, hitting .330 with 44 homers and 139 RBIs. Dombrowski started talking with Cabreras agents, Fern Cuza and Diego Bentz of Relativity Sports, at the end of last season. Detroit also had been negotiating with Scherzer, and those talks broke off last weekend after the pitcher didnt accept an offer for $144 million from 2015-20; he can become a free agent after the World Series. Cabrera was aware his deal was cause for celebration in his native Venezuela, a nation troubled by turbulent politics and economics. "I dont think I can do much. They are going through such hard times," Cabrera said. "We have had struggles down there, and they are trying to do their best." Aiming for its first World Series title since 1984, Detroit agreed last March to a $180 million, seven-year contract with ace pitcher Justin Verlander, the 2011 AL Cy Young Award winner. Verlander didnt sound envious of Cabreras even greater riches. "He deserves it," Verlander said. "He is the best player on the planet. He wants to stay in Detroit, and I couldnt be happier for him. That means we are staying together for a long time and can be Tigers for life." Outfielder Torii Hunter said theres no reason Cabrera cant remain an All-Star through the end of the deal. "The way Miggy composes himself, you need to see how hard he works behind the scenes," Hunter said. "Hes up at 6:30 a.m., hes running, lifting weights. I got my 2,000th hit last year, then I find out that Miggys only 30 and hes gonna get 4,000 hits and 600 homers. Thats something." Ausmus, the Tigers rookie manager, smiled during the news conference. "Im not going to complain," he said. "Who would when you have the best player in the game?" Robert Quinn Jersey . The match, billed as a "next-gen" encounter between two of the sports rising stars, lasted two and a half hours. The loss kept Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., from reaching a third fourth-round spot in Melbourne over the past four years. Mark Duper Jersey . A 23-year-old rookie, Stroman is 4-2 with a 3.44 earned run average in 12 games this season, the past seven of those being starts. He logged the first scoreless outing of his career on Friday versus Oakland in a no-decision. http://www.officialmiamidolphinsfootball.com/authentic-kenny-stills-jersey-womens . However, the intensity and physicality that has characterized the postseason so far has caught Gretzky by surprise. "Its a little bit risqué right now," Gretzky told Philadelphia radio station 97. Kalen Ballage Jersey . A player confirmed to TSN on the condition of anonymity that he received his ballot yesterday. Another confirms hes been told to expect his shortly. "The unions executive committee insists a strike vote does not mean were pushing away from the table," the player said. "But we want the league to know were serious about our position. Stephone Anthony Jersey . MacLean clocked 8:24.91 seconds, eclipsing the previous mark of 8:27.59 set by Brittany Reimer of Victoria at the 2005 FINA World Championships in Montreal. MacLean and Tabitha Baumann of Ottawa -- second in 8:32.37 -- both went under the qualifying standard to be nominated to the Commonwealth Games and Pan Pacific teams.If you were still playing in the NHL today, what team would you want to play for?Being from Toronto I would want to play for the Maple Leafs. Its like being on Broadway, everything you do matters. Id want to be good though! I couldnt play here if I wasnt very good. #83217388 / gettyimages.com (Photo by Dave Sandford/Getty Images)When did the nickname Cujo start? And who came up with it?I was in St. Louis and it started the very first year of my career. A guy by the name of Robert Dirk couldnt really pronounce my name so he shortened it to Cujo, which is the first two letters of both names.Have you ever read the 1981 horror novel Cujo by Stephen King, or seen the movie?Ive seen the movie, but Im sure the book is better. Its awesome! Its a great nickname for me and I ran with it. Kids of all ages loved it and they had to have their mask painted like Cujo. Im very fortunate that I had a great nickname, and still do.Heres a close-up of the famous Cujo mask: #83217370 / gettyimages.com (Photo by Dave Sandford/Getty Images)You lost your temper a few times in the heat of battle, what do you think was the moment in your career where you were the most upset?Visibly you saw some of them, and theyre in the Sportcentre Top 10 highlights. Its a game of emotion, I tell my kids that. I tell my boys, listen, its okay to celebrate and its okay to be mad at a call, just dont take it to the extreme. Certainly its a game of emotion, and if you play with passion thats a good thing. Who is your closest hockey friend from your career?Oh, thats hard! I cant pick just one of them. Certainly with the phones these days and Instagram etc. its easy to follow them and their lives through pictures or whatever it is. Its nice to keep in touch with guys that are still playing and continuing their career. I met a lot of great people. The best men that I have ever met have been through hockey.Hockey players can be known for locker room fun and games, what is the best prank youve ever witnessed?There are a lot of different things. We used to fly commercial in my first ten years probably, and wed be on a commercial flight, played the night before, and everybody would be sleeping before the plane took off. Guys would get shaving cream out from the trainers and pile as much shaving cream in a circle on top of a guy sleeping, right on top of their head. And the people who just bought their tickets and happened to be on our flight would be laughing and dying. Guys would hang things from their lips, so theyd be pretty much a Christmas tree and wake up with all this foam all over their head. They were fun pranks. #53122202 / geettyimages.ddddddddddddcom (Joseph and Martin Brodeur lounging in Team Canada van. Photo by Michael Desjardins/ Getty Images)Is there a player who always tried to mess with you personally? Maybe a teammate during practice shooting extra shots at you when you werent ready?Theres always a guy on each team, and playing for nineteen years… yknow what, it was usually the tough guys! It was always the tough guys that were the pranksters on the team. Maybe they didnt play enough and they had too much time on their hands, but it was always the tough guys who would be pulling these pranks. I wont mention names but I remember one tough guy, a friend of mine got him back. This tough guy was trying to be in style and his shoes looked like bowling shoes, so my friend wrote 9½ on the back of them like the bowling shoes. It was pretty funny. The tough guys, they were pranksters for sure. #164995547 / gettyimages.com (Photo by Tony Brock/ Toronto Star via Getty Images)Do you ever wish you got to play out of the net in the NHL?Oh ya! I wanted to be a player, but because I couldnt skate I had to be a goalie, and then it was too late to change in my late teens. I definitely liked to get out of the net. One year I had 9 assists and I used to bug a guy on my team telling him I had more points than him. I was a closet passer and a set up man.What was your most embarrassing moment on the ice? Probably knocking over Mick McGeough. I wouldnt say that was embarrassing, because I was passionate about it, but I fell. I slipped and slid right into him and knocked him over, and I was too mad to be embarrassed in the moment, but now that Im older and I see the Top 10 Lose It Moments on SportsCetntre, and that moments up there, its embarrassing.What was your favourite thing about being a goaltender?My favourite thing was having a great game and being able to shut out the other team. Winning games that maybe you werent supposed to win…. if you were able to steal a game as a goaltender, any goalie will tell you theres no better feeling than contributing that at the NHL level, especially in the playoffs. When you can contribute and steal a game you werent supposed to win its a great feeling.And finally… what was the most memorable game you ever played in?Thats hard to say, I always say its like asking who is your favourite child… and uh, I cant say. But definitely the games where the most was on the line, Olympics or playing game 7s of series, I played in many game 7s and those are the highest risk, and most reward. Winning game 7s and winning the Olympics were all great, memorable experiences. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Authentic Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys France Soccer Jerseys Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Brazil Jerseys From China Germany Jerseys From China Authentic Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap France Football Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Football Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys China cheap uswnt jersey authentic Authentic AC Milan Jerseys Discount Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Chelsea Jerseys From China Barcelona Jerseys From China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Authentic Inter Milan Jerseys Authentic Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Liverpool Jerseys Authentic Manchester City Jerseys Authentic Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Authentic Real Madrid Jerseys Sevilla Jerseys For Sale Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz