Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen ans Forum
Dogcat250 Offline

Premium-Poster

26.04.2019 05:24
snub could pay dividends in the long run for Antworten

VANCOUVER -- Toronto FC head coach Ryan Nelsen was surprised to see star striker Jermain Defoe left off Englands 23-man World Cup squad, but he knows that snub could pay dividends in the long run for their Major League Soccer outfit. Defoe failed to make England manager Roy Hodgsons team announced Monday, instead being named to a seven-man standby list that will only be used in the event of injuries in the leadup to the tournament in Brazil. The 31-year-old Defoe is healthy, scoring goals in MLS and could well take out his frustration at being left out by Hodgson on opponents in North America. "You never like to take benefit from other peoples agony, if you know what I mean," Nelsen said Tuesday. "If Jermain stays with us, hes probably going to be motivated to prove a lot of people wrong, which I suppose is nice for us." That could come as early as Wednesday night when Toronto FC visits the Vancouver Whitecaps in the second leg of the Amway Canadian Championship semifinal. Toronto holds a 2-1 lead after a victory at home in the first leg last week. Even though its a boost for his team, Nelsen also couldnt hide his disappointment. "Obviously devastated for Jermain. Its surprising," he said. "I dont know how Roy Hodgson picks his team. Its a surprising decision -- gutted for the man. I know Ive played against all those guys and I know with 10, 15 minutes to go in a World Cup, I know who Id want with the ball at his feet in front of the net." Defoe said he was stunned not to be heading to Brazil after figuring into all but two of Hodgsons matchday squads prior to this announcement. "I was shocked, like you can imagine," Defoe said after training at B.C. Place Stadium. "Especially when youve been involved in every squad, and then for some reason youre not included. But (I) always remain positive and just continue doing what Im doing. Ive come over here and done exactly what I used to do at home and thats play well and score goals." A veteran of the 2010 World Cup who has scored 19 times in 55 games for his country, Defoe added that he didnt think his move from the English Premier League to MLS had anything to do with Hodgsons decision. "Ive been here two months. Does it really change much? I dont think so," he said. "I mentioned before the squad was announced that the manager, he knows most of the players, even before he was manager. He knows the players. I think the fact of me being here two months, that shouldnt play a factor at all." England is bringing four strikers to the World Cup, including Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck and Rickie Lambert. Defoe said that despite this disappointment, he will remain available for England selection. "Im not going to retire (from the national team) just because someone doesnt put me in a squad," he said. "I would never do that. I would never turn my back on my country because I still feel like Ive got a lot to offer. The games Ive played and just being involved with England over the years, its been great. "I think my record speaks for itself and Ill just try and continue to work hard and enjoy my football." Defoe will remain with Toronto FC and only join up with England if called upon. He added that Hodgson told him: "He wants to go with the young kids. Thats it." Toronto midfielder Michael Bradley, who was named to the U.S. 30-man provisional roster and will leave to meet up with the American camp after Wednesdays game in Vancouver, said he was disappointed for his club teammate. "He and I have developed a really good relationship since weve come (to Toronto), both on the field and off the field," said Bradley, who along with Defoe, joined Toronto FC in a big-money off-season deal. "Ive seen first-hand what a great player he is, what a great person he is and I know how much it meant to him, so on a personal level I know were all really disappointed for him. "Hes taken it exactly how youd expect -- committed and ready to keep going, keep fighting, keep scoring goals here and do as much as he can to help us win in Toronto." With about a month to go before the World Cup, Defoe said he will continue to work hard in MLS and see what happens. "Its still a long way to go. You never know what happens, people get injured, but at the same time if it doesnt happen, then it doesnt happen," he said. "I wish the team good luck, all the young players that are in the squad, I wish them good luck because Ive had that experience, been at a World Cup, and its the best feeling ever. Its special." 20:21ET 13-05-14 Lorenzo Carter Giants Jersey .com) - Marian Gaborik scored his sixth goal in the last four games to help the Los Angeles Kings top the Arizona Coyotes, 4-2, Saturday at Staples Center. Will Hernandez Giants Jersey . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-79-giants-saquon-barkley-jersey.aspx .com) - Delon Wright scored 17 points and No. Saquon Barkley Jersey . After the loss, White refused to make good on the bet, instead offering Hoyt tickets to a Bears game. Riley Dixon Jersey .Kraft says Goodell realized before seeing a video showing Baltimore running back Ray Rice striking his then fiance that domestic violence was very serious for society in general.Chicago, IL (SportsNetwork.com) - Semyon Varlamov more than earned his third shutout of the season as he made a career-high 54 saves to lift the Colorado Avalanche to a 2-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday. Varlamov 54 saves are the most in Avalanche history and second most in a regular-season shutout since the 1982-83 season. Nathan MacKinnon and Max Talbot each scored early in the game for the Avalanche, who bounced back from a 4-3 loss to Columbus on Sunday. Corey Crawford allowed both goals on 24 shots in defeat. Colorado needed just 53 seconds to open the scoring as the rebound of John Mitchells shot went right to MacKinnon, who wristed it over the glove of Crawford from the right side of the net. Just 24 seconds later, Talbot slipped in MacKinnons pass off the rush for a 2-0 game. Nearly nine minutes into the second, Jarome Iginla raced in on a breakaway, but Crawford came out to the top of his crease and denied him to keeep it a two-goal game.dddddddddddd Chicago outshot Colorado 21-5 in the middle stanza, but was unable to solve Varlamov. The Blackhawks continued to swarm the net in the third. Varlamov somehow stopped Bryan Bickells deflection in front of the net 7:22 into the period. After Crawford went to the net with under three minutes to play, Chicago had a goal waved off as the referee blew the play dead seconds before the puck trickled through the pads of Varlamov. Andrew Shaws point-blank attempt was stopped moments later and the Avalanche held on for the win. Game Notes Varlamov posted his 16th career shutout ... Edmonton netminder made 59 stops in a win over Nashville on Jan. 29, 2014 ... Blackhawks forward Kris Versteeg underwent a successful procedure on Tuesday that stabilized a fracture in his left hand, which was sustained during the Winter Classic ... The season series resumes Feb. 20 at United Center. Cheap Warriors Jerseys Authentic Cavaliers Jerseys Cheap Spurs Store Celtics Jerseys Online Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Wholesale Raptors Jerseys Cyber Monday Pistons Jerseys Wholesale Team USA Basketball Jerseys Cheap Celtics Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Raptors Jerseys From China Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cavaliers Jerseys From China Wholesale Pistons Jerseys Bucks Jerseys From China Pacers Jerseys Outlet Authentic Hawks Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Authentic Wizards Jerseys Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Timberwolves Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Discount Warriors Jerseys Wholesale Clippers Jerseys Wholesale Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Discount Mavericks Jerseys Authentic Rockets Jerseys Discount Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Spurs Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz